Epson Lights Flashing

Reaction score
I have an Epson Stylus CX4400. It was a gift given to us about a year ago. By the difficulty I had finding cartridges, it must be an old style. Anyway, both the paper light and ink light are flashing as well as the power light. There is no "cleaning button" to push and hold for 3 seconds or 10 seconds or whatever. I tried the "off" button. I unplugged the printer and restarted the computer. The ink levels will not show up. It just says "general error." One of the cartridges was getting low before the lights began flashing. I can't get the cartridges to move over so I can check or change them. I would appreciate any ideas. I am leaving Friday, for a 10-day trip, and was planning to take the printer. If it's not going to function, I don't want to waste the space.
Thanks,
Angie

Reaction score
For cartridges try Staples or Cartridge World.
The Cleaning Button is normaly activated through the Epson Software you installed the printer with.
You could un-install & re-install the Drivers & see if that helps?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
On an Epson, all lights flashing usually means a "maintenance request error" and or something need replacing, usually the cleaning pad, then a "reset" is in order. :rolleyes:

An old trick, that used to work several years ago was ...

1. Turn off the machine for at least 5 minutes and disconnect the cable to the computer.
2. Push and hold down the "ink" button and the "paper" button and turn the printer on. Remember, don't have the damn thing connected to the PC.
3. When the "paper" light flashes quickly release both the buttons and then immediately press and hold down the "ink" button only for at least 10 seconds.

You will probably need to try this several times to get the sequence correctly. :rolleyes:

Never trust a CX Epson printer ... ;)

http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/cx44__/cx44__pg.pdf

All else fails, buy a decent printer. :thumb:

:user:

Reaction score
Flashing Lights

Thanks. But this model only has a "stop" button and an "on" button. There are no ink or paper buttons. There are also 3 copy buttons, one for color photo, one for bw text, and one for color text. I'll try the uninstall and reinstall.

Ask a Question