PowerPoint editing powerpoint on CD-rom

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a CD-rom containing Powerpoint presentations. I would very much like to edit them. Although I open them using Powerpoint, I can only view them, I have none of the Powerpoint program in view or available to use. Is there any way I can get around this?

Many thanks

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
You will only be able to edit them and then save them to your computer, with later ability to burn them to CD if desired. You need it to be a re-writable CD rom disc and must have created that disc on the machine with which you choose to edit AND have power point installed to have created the presentation in the first place. Chances are that all three of those are false.

Google "power point editor" and pick one. There are many programs out that can accomplish your task.

Reaction score
You will only be able to edit them and then save them to your computer, with later ability to burn them to CD if desired. You need it to be a re-writable CD rom disc and must have created that disc on the machine with which you choose to edit AND have power point installed to have created the presentation in the first place. Chances are that all three of those are false.

Google "power point editor" and pick one. There are many programs out that can accomplish your task.

Thank you :)

The data is on a CD rom disc which is not rewritable and I did not create it. I do have Powerpoint but because the disc was pre-recorded I can't edit it. I don't think it's a Powerpoint editing program I need (since I do have ppt) as much as a way to get into the files......?

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I don't think it's a Powerpoint editing program I need (since I do have ppt) as much as a way to get into the files......?

You need to save the Power Point presentations that are on the CD Rom to your desktop or Documents. Then go ahead and edit them, that's assuming you have ownership of them or have permission to edit them. Once edited you will have to then burn them to disk again.

Reaction score
You need to save the Power Point presentations that are on the CD Rom to your desktop or Documents. Then go ahead and edit them, that's assuming you have ownership of them or have permission to edit them. Once edited you will have to then burn them to disk again.

Hmmm, that's the problem..... I have neither ownership, nor permission (so far as I am aware)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Hmmm, that's the problem..... I have neither ownership, nor permission (so far as I am aware)

Do you know the person that created the Power Point Presentations ? You should really ask them for permission to edit them.

Ask a Question