Windows XP Driver Saga Continues...

Reaction score
Here is my original message

I have been getting a "Windows XP" has recovered from a serious error report. THis tells me that I have some driver issues. I found a piece of software called "Driver Detector".

It told me that i had some "Bad anbd out of date" drivers - which surprised me because me PC is only about 3 months old. Anyway, before I shell out for this software so that I can download the drivers I need is it going to work?

I am nervous - ios driver detector any good? Can anybody recommend another one?

You guys kindly responded by suggesting that I do windows update - this I have done, and I am still getting the same messages. I have taken a couple of screen shots - perhaps they will throw some light on what I need to do now.

As ever, I really appreciate your time!

Edward

Attachments

• error1.jpg
    error1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 172
  • error2.jpg
    error2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 149
Reaction score
Unfortunatly the screen shots mean sweet fa to anyone that doesn't work for microsoft.

Check your event log for for info on what has happened, if it is a driver cauing your problem then the event log should give you some sort of idea whats going on.

Reaction score
Hi - thanks

I have had a look at the event log. I have found some errors in there and this one particularly seems to describe exactly what is going on.

"This problem occurs because the driver for the USB Universal Reader from Lexar Media, Inc is not compatible with Windows XP."

Probably stupid question time. How do I find out if I have the hardware that is being described. I have gone to device manager and can see no mention of it.I do have a card rader, but it has no ID on it.

Is there some scan I can do or something.

Thanks again

Edward

Ask a Question