Windows XP Driver Detecting...

Reaction score
Hi

I have been getting a "Windows XP" has recovered from a serious error report. THis tells me that I have some driver issues. I found a piece of software called "Driver Detector".

It told me that i had some "Bad anbd out of date" drivers - which surprised me because me PC is only about 3 months old. Anyway, before I shell out for this software so that I can download the drivers I need is it going to work?

I am nervous - ios driver detector any good? Can anybody recommend another one?

Thanks
Edward

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No, you don't need that software at all! You might not have the latest drivers for your hardware items, but they are very easy to download yourself for free :)

Firstly, go to Windows Update : http://www.windowsupdate.com/ and check that you have all of the latest patches installed from there. That should update almost all of the drivers automatically for you :D

If you let us know what the error report says we might be able to track down the problem too.

Reaction score
when you buy a new pc the installed drivers will be by no means "new", if fact in most cases they will be over a year old.

Ask a Question