Windows XP HP Print Drivers

Reaction score
Help, I'm using Windows XP-Pro, Service pack 3. I have an HP Photo Smart 1215.
For some reason the Printer won't recognize the drivers execpt WinPrint. HP's Tech support is a joke! I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Software that came with my Photosmart, but I still can't find the "Right" driver for my printer. I've tried all three available XP Drivers: MS_XPS, ModiPrint, and WinPrint. WinPrint is the only driver that my Photosmart will use, but my printer quality is garbage, especially in color. Add Hardware option will "not" recognize the Photosmart and thinks it's a DOT, so it uses the DOT Driver. My Photosmart is a Laser (Blue Light) Printer I think? I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I have built about 15 Desktops for friends with no problems. Then again, they don't like HP Printers. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks, RickJ45 05/28/2011

Reaction score
muckshifter, Yes I have tried the Firmware Driver Updates from HP, that's when my trouble started. It crashed my Computer. I even tried to Roll-Back the Driver, and did a System Restore, but it didn't work.. Thank you for trying to help.

Ask a Question