dodgy usb port

Reaction score
Hello again, i have recently discovered a problem with the usb ports, only one will work with the printer but the main problem is with a ca-53 data cable, the cable is brand new and came with a phone i bought yesterday (its a nokia) i also installed the software that came with it. now on the connection wizard it does connect and shows a connection with the phone but when it comes to data transfer to or from the phone it has a lot of error messages saying it was unable to perform the tasks i had told it to do. but i took the software and cable to my mum in laws house and it worked perfectly, well apart from the install applications where it says that it can't read the contents of the phone. the software is nokia pc suit, i have used it on a previous phone and it worked fine but then i hadn't used it for about three or four months and its only now that i have discovered the problem. i have looked at the ports with the device manager but it hasn't detected any thing wrong. has any one heard of this happening before? or have any ideas with what to try?

Reaction score
i have just tried to reinstall both usb ports and reinstalled pc suit but still wont transfer data, can any one help please i have run out of ideas.

Ask a Question