• Nope, never

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Whats eBay?

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've sold quite a bit over eBay in the last week, clearing out lots of junk I have lying around - its such a good idea.

I am however annoyed at the big cuts that eBay take, around 3% of the final auction fee and 3% of the paypal fee. Easy money for them!

Saying that, I wouldn't end up selling half the stuff I do if it wasn't so easy!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I've sold quite a bit over eBay in the last week, clearing out lots of junk I have lying around - its such a good idea.

I am however annoyed at the big cuts that eBay take, around 3% of the final auction fee and 3% of the paypal fee. Easy money for them!

Saying that, I wouldn't end up selling half the stuff I do if it wasn't so easy!
Add 10% to the sale price and you cover expences. ;)

Haven't a clue on the song

:)

Reaction score
nah but Admin, when u sell by Cheque ebay do not take anything, so its a bit more dodgy but u save yourself some money it all depends on how much u r selling your goods for.

if its a low price 2-3% is not a lot, but its its a high price it will add up!
ive sold by paypal and cheque before, always been careful with cheques though!:_)

but u cant beat Ebay such a wonderful idea!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
HA ha ha ha mucks after listening to that i just had to comment, that was fantastic definitley in the wierd al yankovich styleee...

I know i have a few things lying around that i purchased on ebay, but don't use the site half as often as i used to, too many non payers, liars and unreliables to deal with, (got on my tit's) is the polite way to express my opinion of most of em......:mad:

Reaction score
just to add, that song is by Weird Al, the picture at the top is on the front of one of his CD's (i aint got it, but i have seen it on the internet)

KGB

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've bought a few things, but never sold anything on Ebay.

Might just try selling this Nvidia FX5700 Ultra Arctic cooler on there though, I ain't got a lot to lose really.... ;)

Looking around, I gotta loadda crap I could try on there, really, it just hadn't occurred to me before. First twenty issues of Kerrang magazine, anyone? :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I have done once before, but i only go for the "Buy Now" options if there really cheaper than in the shop. If you start bdding you end up paying about as much as if you were gonna get it brand new from a shop ;).

Reaction score
I have never used eBay, mainly because I dont understand how to.

Most people at work use it to buy and sell, and I dont know anyone who has had problems with it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Toriel said:
I have never used eBay, mainly because I dont understand how to.
Its well worth checking out sometime if there is something unique you are after, every time I've been after hard to find in the shops, its been there :) Even managed to get a University book that normally costs £400 for £15 + P&P :D

Reaction score
Flops... I may be interested in the K! magazines... what kinda price you lookin for? Could prob get quite a bit for them if you advertise in the right place....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kenny said:
Flops... I may be interested in the K! magazines... what kinda price you lookin for? Could prob get quite a bit for them if you advertise in the right place....
I don't know. But first, let me make sure I still got 'em when I next visit me lockup :D

They're probably there somewhere. And probably over 100 other issues as well, though not continuous.

Reaction score
i was looking with my mate at cars on ebay
ppl actually buy them!

imagine sending 60k over pay pal
i think this is silly!

Reaction score
eBay is the BEST place to sell a car - people just get into crazy bidding wars - and cars go for shed loads!!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Oh and i assume it would be cash on collection :D

lol yer!

i wonder how much they charge for postage and packaging?
:p

bid for a Ferrari and recieve a Vauxhall! all wrapped up in bubble wrap in the back of a Amtrak pick up truck! lol i bet its happened to someone before.

probably cost £5,000 just for the postage fancy that!

Personally always like to go see the car beforehand and see it, hear it , run it for REAL!
this is a great way to show everyone how the internet has changed our everyday lives!!!
:)

Reaction score
Guilty - sold off a load of the kid's 'old' stuff (Playstation, games etc) all of which went quickly. bought guitars & amps - always quick & reliable. In 4 years trading only had 2 defaulters. Couldn't sell the dining room table & chairs tho'. (Better off with a postcard in the newsagent's window...)

My better half opened an eBay shop after selling quite a few products from www.born2becool.com on the auction site. The eBay shop has been REALLY slow - any other members have similar experiences?

Ask a Question