Ian Usher- A Life for sale..eBay

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Here is another story from Ebay`s list of dramatic listings..

Ian Usher has started an online auction of his 'entire life' in an effort to make a new start following the break-up of his marriage.
Ian Usher, who emigrated to Australia six years ago, is selling his house, car, job and even his friends to the highest bidder on eBay.

Up for auction is his three-bedroom home in the western Australian city of Perth and everything inside it, including his car, motorcycle, jet ski and parachuting gear. He is also selling an introduction to his friends and a trial run at his job.

The 44-year-old said on his website: "On the day it's all sold and settled, I intend to walk out of my front door with my wallet in one pocket and my passport in the other, nothing else at all."

Mr Usher said he wanted a fresh start after realising that almost everything about his current life reminded him of his relationship with his wife.

The couple abruptly parted more than a year ago, although details of the break-up are only available to those who pay a fee via Mr Usher's website.

Mr Usher said his life will be sold in one lot, adding that bidders should expect to pay more than 420,000 Australian dollars (£200,000) - the upper end of a valuation of his house.

Joy Jones, who co-owns the rug store in Perth where Mr Usher worked as a shop assistant, said she supported the auction idea. Her company is offering the successful bidder a two-week trial, which could be extended for three months and then become permanent.

She said: "When Ian came up with this idea, because we had seen him go through a break-up of marriage and pain and bits and pieces, I thought it was really exciting... We thought, why not give it a go?"

Mr Usher, who was born in Darlington, Co Durham, opened the auction at 5am BST on Sunday and will accept the last bid at the same time next Sunday.

His Ebay listing Ian Usher - A Life for sale

His website

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oppurtunist.

I had to do a double take of his occupation - An assistant in a rug store.

Must be a lot of money in the rug business.

He had his own house, a car, a motor cycle and a jet ski through selling rugs. And selling rugs for somebody else?

Jeez, I'm in the wrong job.

He ain't the only one whose marriage split up, he just seems to have found a good angle and idiotic pillocks are paying money to him to hear details.

If people are foolish enough to give him money, good luck to him I suppose.

Anybody wanna buy the details of my marriage breakup? (choice of 2 :D)

Just fifty quid to you Squire, for two pages of A4 text. A bargain :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By flops
An assistant in a rug store.

exactly what i thought m8..."rug store "..but if you look at his last 3 jobs they paid well , a mine truck driver ,working n a superpit and then in a remote gold mine where it was fly in fly out doing 2 week stints 7 days and 7 nights and "the pay was great" he states..

The auction has gotten out of hand , thought it would.... silly people seem to be spoiling it ..up to £1,016,273.42 atm

Hmmm Gold worker wants to leave country...bit fishy me thinks

Ask a Question