Bad Steam Games

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just sold a few bits n bobs on Ebay so treated myself to a coupla Steam games I probably wouldn't have purchased without the windfall Paypal cash, they are: Duck Tales Remastered and Rise Of The Triad, both resurrected retro games. They were £12 each.

I have definitely wasted £12 at least as Duck Tales Remastered, despite looking great and having a fine soundtrack, is insanely hard and does not work well at all with the Microsoft Gamepad.

This review sums it up perfectly: I can't take it anymore

A quote from the writer:

"At this point I had no ability to get upset with DuckTales Remastered anymore because I knew that this time, for sure, I was not going to play it again. I can deal with high difficulty, I can deal with big punishments for running out of lives, but I can’t deal with a game design that dumps you into a pit and kills you before you have a chance to even see what’s going on. Difficult is one thing, unfair is another. I had to just stop for my own sanity, and it didn’t matter how good the music was. (Really, really good.)"

He also makes the point that the MS gamepad isn't that responsive with the game, which I found to be true.

Mr Flops advice: Avoid like the plague, even in the sales, unless you're a dedicated masochist.

I'm just about to try Rise Of The Triad but this review suggests I may have wasted a total of £24.00, which cuts a big chunk out oof the £36.00 I'd gathered in my Paypal account from selling a few little bits on Ebay.

Review: 5.5 - Mediocre

I will report back.

It may be an idea if folk here posted the rubbish they've bought on Steam, it may save other forum members a few pennies.

Oh, and yes, I know I was the one who posted in another thread to always read the reviews first. In this case I didn't. Twice. I wish I'd heeded my own advice :(

Ask a Question