• Yes, occasionally

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Nope, never

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Whats eBay?

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have bought things on eBay and I have always been happy with what i got. However, some of my friends say they have experienced scams from people trying to flog off dodgy items.
What puts me off selling is the prices eBay is charging now, have they gone too far?, they seem like they are just going after big businesses and don'y care if the little guy tring to sell a few things has to suffer.

Student Survey - 10 min eBay Questionnaire - (survey finnished: mucks)

Reaction score
Lol. Yeah Ebay and Paypal are charging a bit now :( Sucks ! lol

Oh well. I don't sell little things on there so it hardly effects my final price, but in understand for the little guy ! hehe ! :p

Still great site though :) I love it loads now ! I make so much money in my school off Ebay because i buy some stuff in bulk for example ... Livestrong bands and all da rest ... just bought a pack of 10 Bullying bands for £20 so if i sell for ATLEAST £5 make £30 profit which isn't too bad ! Or just sell a few for £7.50 on Ebay it's self again ! :p

Haha :)

Reaction score
quite a popular thread!!!:)

ebay has grown a lot! almost as tall as my sunflowers!!!!!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
ebay buyer/seller

I have been using ebay for about a year now, and have become somewhat addicted to it - both buying and selling.
If i need new parts for my pc, ebay is the first place I look.
In fact if i need anything, I go to ebay first.
I have found though that you must carefully consider the prices you pay. Whilst you can find some fantastic bargains on eBay, some other listings often cost more that high street prices.

Reaction score
Ebay is very very bad! I'm totally addicted to buying items going at the last minute even if I dont want them and I end up buying stuff I dont really need (sad aint it). I'm also addicted to outbidding the buggers. If I see something I want I HAVE to win it no matter how high it goes. Arrgh. My Husband gets a bit mad with me. He thinks I should go into therapy.

Reaction score
i haven't used it in over a year - i norrmally find the same find on real web site's at cheaper prices - a years warranty - and more reliable.

but if u get it cheaper and from a good seller it just as good - but can take days to get the ting u want at the right price and many thing go way past the highstreet prices and no1 seams to care aslong as they get it.

i haven't got around to selling yet but i do belive it stop so much junk going in the bin. bit like going to a car boot sale and think why do ppl bring so much junk:)

Reaction score
Anyone buying on Ebay is simply asking for trouble.

A seventeen-year-old boy walked away with an easily made profit of one hundred thousand pound +:D , simply by selling items that didn’t even exist, what did he get a slap on the wrist, why I believe the judge was of the opinion that if you, the buyers were vigilant and careful enough with your money, instead of being gullible and stupid enough you would not have been taken in by such a simple scam.

Why did it take Ebay so long to discover such a scam> they were to busy counting their own profits, ignoring the customers complaints, and allowing more and more time for the scam to continue.:eek:

Reaction score
Have never tried it--- have heard a lot of bad things. My brother tried selling his car on it (2002 Honda S 2000). And some guy finally made an outrageous bid. Well whwn we he went to close teh deal the guy sent an email saying he didn't want the car anymore. And all the other people who were bidding didn't want to pay thier final bid since that other guy dropped.... We didn't think that was allowed to happen, but their is some 15 day rule or something fishy.

Reaction score
I have had some fantastic bargains on e-bay; i once got a gorgeous Takermine Semi Acoustic Guitar for 130 quid, there over £400 in the shops!

I seem to be quite good at the working of e-bay, I have become a bit of a wiz at it!

Sold some good stuff on there too, I purchased Halo 2 (£30, discount from a mate who works at blockbuster) and after completing it in a day (to my utter disappointment) i managed to sell it for around £26, i was happy not to make too bigger a loss on a game that was getting quite poor reviews.

Reaction score
ebay is pretty cool :D i'm looking to buy a gaming case off there atm as they are soooo cheap :D

i havn't sold anything yet because i find you lose alot of money on various things...

well as much as i like it im not keen on buying electrical items as you dont really have a warranty and if something does happen to go wrong your stuffed ! its good for clothing and shoes... you can buy a pair of £120 pair of trainers for something like £40 + P&P for New :O !

overall i love ebay :D

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
eBay Sellers?

Yeah, bought a few bits and pieces over the last year or two. Always found the sellers to be really good, but I know I may just have been lucky.

Not been brave enough to try selling any of my old junk yet, anyone got any useful pointers about starting off. I know eBay have got the online guides but it would be nice to hear from someone who has done it for themselves.

Reaction score
Selling is dead easy. The only hassle is having to pack it up and take it up the post ofice :p I buy on there more than i sell, but i sold a zoom 606 guitar effects pedal that was 2 years old for £65, and they retail at £60 :D Just make sure you get the postage cost right and your home free.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I don't buy on eBay itself, but I do buy on "Trademe" Which is a NZ Based auction site. Rip-offs do happen occasionally of course, but I've never known anyone who's had it happen to them. Possibly New Zealand is just too small a market for too many ppl to be able to get away with it. I've never heard of anyone having any trouble with Trade me itself. A lot of people now work 'professionally' selling bulk imported items over trade me & some of the more reputable of them even offer 1year gaurantee's with their products.
The biggest key I find to shopping there is to set yourself a bidding limit and STICK to it. I don't know about eBay but trade me has an auto-extend function to their autions so that the auction closes 2 mins after the last bid which makes it a bit easier to avoid the 'last minute bidding frenzy"

One thing to watch out for though, check your sellers other listings. Chances are reasonable that if you see one individual listing 4 used TV's & 3 2ndhand stereo's etc etc, that s/he might not've come by them legitimately.

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
I sellloadsof things on ebay but mainly me and my brother we sellloads of video games instead of tradin them ina the stores. It makes loads more and it is real cash not just vouchers for the store. I have also bought quite a few things form ebay no bad sellers and no rip-offs, i guess iv been lucky. So if you do have junk and want extra cash SELL IT

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Have to admit ..i wanted to upgrade my P.C and Muck and Me gave me great specs for it and even on Ebay it is dearer ... my advice is listen to our own wizards..they r the dogs blacks ...

Ask a Question