Discussion: The US Presidential Election

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Two possible answers, take your pick:

Good on the Russkies, that's a kick up the nuts for Microsoft, ha ha!

or

Russia prepares for a glut of spelling and grammar mistakes, lost documents and late mail leading to a possible freeze of all main frames in the Kremlin.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Trump.JPG

_93792080_c8698d07-c70e-4402-8a76-6c98d4202119.jpg

_93792083_35eb76f7-db66-4297-aa24-9d8bc8057227.jpg

Well, they do have a point. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Feels like they're just going backwards :( :mad:

How is it even constitutional? The people who support this kind of thing are lead by their religious beliefs, and it was my understanding that the first amendment should prevent this sort of thing.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
El Presidente owns all the backstreet abortion clinics ... he's a bit short of funds after spending everyone else's money ... he has to make it up somehow, isn't he doing this president thingamabob for free?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lemme get this straight before I say this - I hate Trump, he's a dangerous fool as far as I'm concerned.

But what he's actually signing there is the ending of funding to foreign birth control which in some countries will include abortion.

It's pandering to those people who constantly shout 'End foreign aid and spend it on our own pensioners/armed forces/ homeless/Thorpe Park season ticket holders.'

Of course the media picked up on the abortion angle so everybody thinks he's effectively signing an order stopping abortion because of the less than informative wording.

This media thing works two ways doncha know.

Speaking of media, and I'm going a bit OT here: Piers Morgan - yet another reason I'm so very glad I stopped watching TV and reading newspapers all those years ago.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
So to recap, since Trump was inaugurated the following things have happened:

• The media has been criticised by the government for reporting facts, and told that action will be taken against them. They are then told what 'facts' they should report.
  • All mentions of climate change, LGBT issues, and affordable healthcare have been removed from the White House website.
  • Funding has been withdrawn to international groups who perform or provide info on abortions.
  • Journalists have been charged with felonies for reporting at the riots (link).
  • Refugees from certain predominantly Muslim countries will be banned (link).
  • A gag order has been put on the Environment Protection Agency to prevent publication of climate change facts (link). Although one National Park has defied it so far.

We all expected he was going to be a bad president, but this seems like something more. It's like watching the establishment of an oppressive regime.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
So to recap, since Trump was inaugurated the following things have happened:

• The media has been criticised by the government for reporting facts, and told that action will be taken against them. They are then told what 'facts' they should report.
  • All mentions of climate change, LGBT issues, and affordable healthcare have been removed from the White House website.
  • Funding has been withdrawn to international groups who perform or provide info on abortions.
  • Journalists have been charged with felonies for reporting at the riots (link).
  • Refugees from certain predominantly Muslim countries will be banned (link).
  • A gag order has been put on the Environment Protection Agency to prevent publication of climate change facts (link). Although one National Park has defied it so far.

We all expected he was going to be a bad president, but this seems like something more. It's like watching the establishment of an oppressive regime.

He is trying very hard to be like Putin.

Reaction score
I do hope that Trumps stay at the White House is extremely short seeing the damage he is doing to the US and the rest of the world. America had one civil war 150 years ago I fear that another is likely very shortly.:cry:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
I see that 1984 by George Orwell is at the top of Amazon's best seller list in the US :lol:

“For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable – what then?”

:blush:

Reaction score
It will all end with tears, Trumps tears. He is trying to run the USA like he runs his companies. He has no idea about Democracy and the rule of law.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, he's gone and done it. He's ordered the building of a wall between the US and Mexico.

Story HERE

And by stripping funds from US cities that are sanctuaries for undocumented immigrants. :eek: Doesn't really sound realistic but there we go.

Ask a Question