Discussion: The US Presidential Election

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Love that cartoon @Urmas :D

As the latest in a long line of demonstrations of Trump's incompetence, he has appointed the former Mayor of NYC, Rudy Giuliani, as his cyber security adviser.

Giulianisecurity.com, the website for the ex-mayor's eponymous infosec consultancy firm, is powered by a roughly five-year-old build of Joomla! that is packed with vulnerabilities. Some of those bugs can be potentially exploited by miscreants using basic SQL injection techniques to compromise the server.

This seemingly insecure system also has a surprising number of network ports open – from MySQL and anonymous LDAP to a very out-of-date OpenSSH 4.7 that was released in 2007.

Security gurus are right now tearing strips off Trump's cyber-wizard pick.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/13/giuliani_joomla_outdated_site/

:wall:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
... he has appointed...

pp32100-batman_rogues.jpg

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Has anyone opened a book on how long Trump will actually stay in office as president ?

:cool:

I recon he will not last a year.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Saw something online the other day suggesting that Obama should resign a day before the inauguration so that Joe Biden can be president for a day... which would also have the added benefit of ruining all the Trump branded inauguration merchandise bearing "45th president" :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
We can but hope... however that would leave the US with Mike Pence at the helm! :eek:

I have not been following the in and outs of this joke, been too busy with real life. They should have given the job to Arnie.

qBYFDkB.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger

Presidential ambitions
In October 2013, the New York Post reported that Schwarzenegger was exploring a future run for president. The former California governor would face a constitutional hurdle; Article II, Section I, Clause V nominally prevents individuals who are not natural-born citizens of the United States from assuming the office. He has reportedly been lobbying legislators about a possible constitutional change, or filing a legal challenge to the provision. Columbia University law professor Michael Dorf observed that Schwarzenegger's possible lawsuit could ultimately win him the right to run for the office, noting, "The law is very clear, but it's not 100 percent clear that the courts would enforce that law rather than leave it to the political process."[107]

For the 2016 Republican Party presidential primaries, Schwarzenegger endorsed fellow Republican John Kasich.[191] However, he announced in October that he would not vote for the Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in the that year's United States presidential election, with this being the first time he did not vote for the Republican candidate since becoming a citizen in 1983.[192][193][194]

breakfast.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
As I said before, he will only be out if

a) he is impeached. And that would take a long time as it's basically a court case.

b) he is assassinated, something we can't totally dismiss.

There is no way that he would resign, his ego being enormous. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If he was told to leave he wouldn't go quietly, would probably have a few thousand stormtroopers guarding the White House with him ensconced inside with supplies to last five years.

Reaction score
I give him a year or two, cannot see the population putting up with him any longer. Or a civil war the population has enough guns.

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, today's the day, Folks.

A new US President sworn in later on.

Don't forget to get your very own Trump doll to help you enjoy the day.

Trump.JPG

And, it speaks !!!!! (possibly more sense than the real person) :D

How can you possibly live without one. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Wow, that sure is terrible! Today is going to make for interesting viewing, that's for sure

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I had Sky news on this morning while getting ready for work, they were interviewing all the supporters that were travelling up to see the inauguration. All I'm saying is they were all wearing cowboy hats. :lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Lol. We know someone who will be there - a guy we met in Florida back in November. He's a staunch democrat so it will be interesting to hear his take on things afterwards!

Ask a Question