Discussion: The US Presidential Election

Reaction score
If I am to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Trump goes in a years time as even the Republicans will not put up with twat.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
If I am to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Trump goes in a years time as even the Republicans...........

The only way that Trump will go is if he is impeached. His ego is far too big for him to resign.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm honestly amazed by the recent news stories (ie Meryl Streep criticising Trump for mocking a disabled reporter, he lashes back at her personally and says he didn't). How can he seriously claim he wasn't mocking the disability?! And why on earth do so many people agree with him??!

Situation in question:

He makes me sick :mad:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
And why on earth do so many people agree with him??!

That's a damn good question.

"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."

George Orwell, opening line of 1984.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I thought I'd have woken up and it would have all been a bad dream by now. Seems I was wrong.... :(

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It just doesn't seem real does it?! :(

No, it doesn't.

But, there again, I can recall a similar feeling just before George W Bush was sworn in. He was considered as a real dimwit and totally unsuitable for office. He then managed TWO terms as president !! :eek: Obviously, it was the administration in the background that kept him going and even though Trump appears to be much more forceful and more of an egomaniac we have to hope that there will be some constraint from the people behind him. :)

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
I can recall a similar feeling just before George W Bush was sworn in.

Yes, but there is a HUGE difference in... intensity, maybe. Like... "Oh, I say!" vs. "WHAT THE F***?!?"

:blush:

Ask a Question