Discussion: The US Presidential Election

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
If in this thread we're free to express some political opinion then all I'll say is this fella pretty much sums up how I feel...

Here is my entry:

Surveying our political scene a few years ago, Lesley remarked to me: “You Americans kick around your country like it’s a football. But it’s not a football. It’s a Fabergé egg. You can break it.”

We’re near the breaking point

Reaction score
If in this thread we're free to express some political opinion then all I'll say is this fella pretty much sums up how I feel, a letter from a father to his daughters:

Aaron Sorkin, playwright

Very aridity put I think that (hopefully) I have several friends in the USA most of them voted for Hillary but one is a nationalised US citizen and retired who came from the London Boroughs and emigrated when he was in his 20's voted for Trump he was a long time Democrat supporter don't know the real reason why he he jumped ships.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Allow me to lighten the mood.

HM2SQYj.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And I'll probably bring you all down again :D

I'm sensing a mood from recent events and as such found this article quite disturbing. Not really political but this historians view is a bit scary.

Makes me wonder whether my exit from this planet will be (hopefully) being burnt to a crisp in a basement oven with ashes scattered to the winds or from other human-fuelled sources...

History History

Reaction score
Yes after reading this scary but I would hope this does not happen but I do see Trump as a danger to the world as America will be turning its self into its self which will damage :(:confused::eek:trade all over the world.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So he lied to his electorate.:eek:

Nothing new there then, a politician's norm.

If you want to hear an interesting POV on the whole shebang search for a fella named Jonathan Pie and see what you think about his scathing attack on the Democrat show. The language is a bit fruity to put a direct link here.

Reaction score
Nothing new there then, a politician's norm.

If you want to hear an interesting POV on the whole shebang search for a fella named Jonathan Pie and see what you think about his scathing attack on the Democrat show. The language is a bit fruity to put a direct link here.
He`s not a politician,he`s a business man.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy [sic].

Abraham Lincoln's 1855 letter to Joshua Speed

Ask a Question