Computer Problems

Reaction score
Hey Peeps,

Got everything i needed for the new computer last night, fitted everything and booted up, and was greeted with a clonking noise from hell.

Damn Royal Mail must of known a HDD was in the package and decided to give if a few bangs here and there for fun.

Anyway got onto Overclockers today and got it RMA'd and persuaded my kind father to take a trip to PC World (the prices!!!) and i purchased another SATA HDD, Samsung 80Gb and some cleaning wipes for the screen :p it was filthy.

Got the pc working now, ill post some pics up later, but the spec is on my signature and im gonna change the HDD part of the spec as its wrong now.

Want to say thanks anyway to Postill for trying to help last night,

Regards

Chris

Reaction score
Glad you have got your PC now... How long ago was it that you decided to make a PC?

Reaction score
Moved to general.

How much did the Samsung HDD set you back then? I bet it was extortionatly expensive...!

You better hope OCUK agree to refund you as opposed to replace the HDD...!

You impressed with your speeds and temps etc etc? I want to know how far your 5700LE overclocks and your 3DMark score.

"Postill"

Reaction score
Well the HDD set me back around £50 ish quid and the wipes were £4

I have yet to test speeds as im in the install process at the moment.

I decided to make a new pc around 2/3 months ago and bought the parts bit by bit.

And yes OCUK are fully refunding me.

Chris,

Reaction score
ok... cool, hope you dont have any problems...

Stupid comment, it is running Windows

You are gonna have some probs, every one does!

Reaction score
No probs at the moment, got laptop and pc running, so everything is seperate at the moment, got most essential programs online for my webdesign etc...

Downloading 3dmark01 now. Should have a result for you guys soon.

Then i'll try 3dmark03.

Chris,

Reaction score
Well yeah the laptop is good.

I got 7548 for 3dmark01 first go.

Now ive overclocked the card and im trying again.

Chris,

Reaction score
I got 8900+ on the second attempt with overclocked settings on the graphics card.

Up it Goes!!

Chris,

Reaction score
Hehe,

Just found out i had my intake and outtake fans around the wrong way, got the case ice cold now when i turned them round the right way.

Chris,

Ask a Question