Windows Vista Catastrophic Email Problem

Reaction score
Well first I'll say hello to everyone, got to admit to being a bit of a ghost on here, but this issue I'm having at work has me stumped.

Basically we are getting a timing out problem on all the computers at our office when using windows mail/outlook and unable to recieve any mail. We are funnily enough able to send but not recieve. Errors are 0x8004210a or 0x800CCC19, I realise in the past posters have stated that its an antivirus issue, however in this case I cant believe it to be the case as we run different antivirus systems on different computers, (avast, Norton, McAfee).

Everthing was completely fine on Friday but today all 6 computers just wont access recieved mails, we've used windows mail/outlook for the last 3 months without a problem. (POP 3 SERVER) The company that hosts are emails where able to point us in the direction of their webmail server and we were able to access the emails there, but I dont see this as a long term solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
happywave.gif

HAve you tried disabling realtime scanning of E-mails on your AV software that you have running ?

Reaction score
Yep.. but it did nothing, I read about the anti virus issue but didn't think that would apply in this case as it effects all our PC's with different AV software.

Or its just a massive coincidence that 3 different av programs decide to stop incoming mail at the same time.

Reaction score
hutchsparky4 said:
Or its just a massive coincidence that 3 different av programs decide to stop incoming mail at the same time.

Yes and no to it been a coinsedence...Something could be trying to get in through Port 995. Try blocking the port and using a different one for POP, see if you have any luck then..

Reaction score
By blocking the port do you mean just changing to another, I have no idea how to block a port.

Well anyway switched port on computer I'm using no effect but then it got me thinking if the port is blocked via another pc will i have to go through each pc changing all the ports.

Got a feeling this may be an ISP issue for some reason hotmail is running like a snail too

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmm now I 've been playing around with the port numbers I'm getting this now, I think I'm digging myself a very large hole here......

Account: 'Steve Work', Server: 'secure.emailsrvr.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS QUOTA AUTH=PLAIN] Server ready director15.director.iad.mlsrvr.com', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

Reaction score
Well some reason today everything is back to normal emails, are working totally fine. I still have no idea what happened but thanks for advice Madx.

Ask a Question