cannot send email

larame

can recieve but not send. tried setting my default as noted in another item
but still cannot send.

recieve this message.

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol:
SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Authentication Required', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Gary VanderMolen

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)