Cannot Recieve Faxes

Get this in Application Log
Event ID: 3209
The Shared Fax Service failed to receive a fax. From: 978 555 5555. CallerId: . To: Fax. Pages: 0. Device Name: Digi AccelePort RAS Modem #2.

Within Microsoft Shared Fax Service Console, I can see that the fax machine is talking with the server in the Incoming box. And the sender reports that the fax sent succcessfully, BUT the receiving server doesn't do anything with the fax other than lose it. It doesn't print it, save it or email it. I've tried faxing from a fax machine and another server, and nothin happens

Thanks
David

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Hi David,

Can we get some more information please.
What Operating System is the fax service on?
Are the faxes going to an Exchange server?
What version of Exchange?
What service packs for both the OS and EX?
How do you have the fax service configured for incoming faxes?
Do faxes from other sources work?
Did this all used to work?
If it did, what changes were made?
Have you updated the digiboard drivers?
Have you tested this with a modem connected directly to the server not using the digiboard?

Thanks,
Gary

--------------------
'--'From: "=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgTG96emk=?=" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Cannot Recieve Faxes
'--'Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:36:05 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax
'--'
'--'Get this in Application Log

Event ID: 3209

The Shared Fax Service failed to receive a fax. From: 978 555 5555. CallerId: . To: Fax.
Pages: 0. Device Name: Digi AccelePort RAS Modem #2.

Within Microsoft Shared Fax Service Console, I can see that the fax machine is talking with the
server in the Incoming box. And the sender reports that the fax sent succcessfully, BUT the
receiving server doesn't do anything with the fax other than lose it. It doesn't print it, save it or
email it. I've tried faxing from a fax machine and another server, and nothin happens

Thanks

David
'--'

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.