Call of Duty Black Ops II

Reaction score
I need to learn about and how to use the controls before I join a group though it' not the same as realy doing it

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, Black Ops II.

It's a first person shooter, that is, you shoot lottsa baddies and they die horribly.

Every single one of the Call Of Duty Series has been a good game despite various criticisms of each later game as it got shorter and more expensive.

First off, the Xbox 360 controller is the best gamepad for PC gaming bar none. Logitech used to be a contender but they fell behind in the race. I have a pair of Wireless Xbox 360 controllers on my main gaming PC, I have two as most Lego games are designed for two players so this makes it easier to play, having 2 gamepads.

Second off - you don't want to use the Xbox controller for Black Ops II, mouse and keyboard work much better with fps (first person shooter) games. Other games, particularly racing/driving games, will benefit greatly from the gamepad.

So, assuming your computer specs can handle Black Ops 2 (check game manual) load it up. It may need the Steam client to play, not sure. If so, load it up, Steam is ok.

Assuming game is installed and all updated and ready to play, give it a go.

Default keyboard controls are usually ok in CoD games, I use WSAD direction; Space - Jump; C - Crouch; Q - Prone; R - Reload; E- Melee (thump); F - Use; Middle mouse button - Grenade; Mouse scroll - change weapon; Mouse 5 (or any other button) - Run. The Mouse controls direction/Look.

If you're new to gaming it may take you a little while to become oriented with it but persevere. Change graphics within menu to highest your computer can handle and start off at the very easiest level setting.

Good luck and hope you like it :)

PS: To start and gain experience, just play single player, play multiplayer online when you feel confident enough.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
^^ What he said. :)

To add, if its a wired 360 pad its just plug and play, no driver required, the wireless one does need a driver installed. - But as Flops said, dont use the pad for online MP games, you will get your ass handed to you.Learn to use the KB+M. ;)

Also, Black Ops II installs to Steam, so you will need that installed and an account with Steam, Which is no bad thing to be honest.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Time for a rant folks :)

Cost of Call Of Duty Black Ops II on Steam, probably 6-8 hours single player gameplay if you’re lucky - £40.00

And now:

The Call Of Duty Black Ops II Season pass is the ultimate way to get more of Call Of Duty Black Ops II. It includes 4 epic DLC Map Packs for 1 great price.

Get four epic DLC Map Packs plus an exclusive in-game calling card and access to the Nuketown Zombies Bonus Map.

Nuketown Zombies now available for PC Season Pass subscribers

Cost - £35.00

Total cost of ONE GAME - £75.00

Now that the swindlers have indoctrinated us with the expression ‘DLC’ and we, like sheep, have accepted that DLC is legit rather than ‘here’s the part of the game we held back from initial release to get more money out of you suckers’, those underworked guys in Activision’s PR Dept have coined the expression ‘Season Pass’ which basically translates to ‘Give us your money up front so we can make lots of lovely interest on it and we will feed you a few meagre maps as and when we see fit’.

Epic? Ultimate? Exclusive? 1 Great Price? Huh. These are greedy greedy people who have forgotten the days when goodwill from the game developers decreed FREE multiplayer maps.

Boycott, avoid and actively dislike these creeps.

Uncle Flops has expressed his personal point of view, please don’t take offense :) No horses or frogs were harmed during the making of this post.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep Activision and co with all their DLC can bugger off as far as i'm concerned. I (against my better judgement) bought MW3 and wished i hadn't, so from there on in i told myself i shall never buy andother CoD game, unless they actually do something special rather than just a re skinned MW2/BO's....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The free weekend was popular then!? :p

I tried a few maps, and tbh its not bad. Killstreaks are still retarded, but its a fun run and gun.

Will i buy it? Maybe. Will i pay full price? No way.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well it was reduced from £40 to £26.79 over the weekend so I bit :blush:

I don't mind paying that price for a top game and although Black Ops II is probably just a retread of what has gone before there is no denying I've enjoyed every single player Call Of Duty Game. And some of them even multiplayer too :)

In fact £30 is my limit, I refuse to pay over that for a PC game. I waited almost 2 years but eventually got Starcraft II for £20 (and not sure why I bothered tbh, it ain't all that good imo).

Anyhow, I's paid my money, just done 100+ hours in Borderlands 2, 27 hours on Dishonored and way too much time on Skyrim. So how long will I spend on CoD Black Ops 2 Single Player?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I noticed, i saw it on my friends activity page. :D

SP by all accounts is quite short. MP seems ok though for a R&G.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well I'm a bit late to the party but I started playing the single player game yesterday.

And it's... well, it's pretty much just the same as the previous two or three. Sure, it looks gorgeous, plays well but it is becoming hackneyed, cliched and dare I say it? Perhaps boring.

It's also expensive and short on SP gameplay which is worth thinking about. Some of those bits where you're gliding or climbing down cliff faces are a bit irritating too, prompts are flashed on screen for which keys to press but by the time I sussed it I've died, usually takes two or three tries and it really isn't much fun imo though others may disagre with me.

This one is very much scripted again but also again the story seems to be focusing on one major baddy and your mission to take him down. There are nods to Crysis as this one is meant to be set in the future with nano gloves and cloaking.

I tried the Zombie mode - what is all that about? I just kept dying as soon as one of them touched me, my bullets seemed to make no difference so won't be going back there. Haven't tried multiplayer yet but I almost certainly will. Thing is, I've bought all the extra maps for MW3 so I want to spend some time with those really.

I won't be buying any 'DLC' for Black Ops II and I honestly wish I hadn't bothered buying it, probably a waste of £27.00.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Borderlands 2, Dishonored and Tomb Raider. Very much so. I'm probably going to like Bioshock Infinite as well.

But Call Of Duty? I think the party's over, time to put it out to grass I think, what we want is fresh.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Dont worry the next gen consoles are out soon, that will force Activision/IW/Treyarch to actually make a new game. Hopefully......

FWIW, I've got back into BF3 MP big time. its great fun! :D

Ask a Question