Call of Duty 2 - mods and set up help

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I finally got me gaming rig finished.:eek: Mind you it is so out of date that it should be in a museum.:rolleyes: An me 4850 card was nearly out of warranty before it had seen action.
nod.gif
Hoovering the dust of COD 2 probably took longer than it will take me to play the game.

Both games I have played look great and I'm well pleased. Settings were maxed out for both of them and they look fab.:D

Got a " extra blood " mod for COD 2 and the claret is really super. Are there any more worthwhile mods ?

Me other query is to do with the GPU set up. I have ATI CCC and the official 9.4 drivers.

Are they the best drivers for me card ? I tried the Omega ones but could not get them or the bundled ATT to install.

Is ATI Tray Tools or Riva Tuner the best utility for setting me fan speeds and gentle oc'ing.

I spent hours looking on the net but became rather confused :confused:by the amount of info and twaddle I have read through so any help would be much appreciated. I have tweaked a bit with CCC and got a nice little boost with not much of a temp rise but I don't want to fry anything specially now I'm no longer earning.
Want to set the card and pc up so they use the least of everything for ordinary stuff. An also to be set up for the best gaming I can reasonably have. I know Max Payne and COD 2 will hardly tax me system but I thought start with older games I have not played and tweak the system whilst it is not beeing taxed too much. Then by the time it is in ploe position I can get down and dirty with some real modern titles, apart from Crysis that is. I recon I'll save that for me next upgrade. Do CD's degenerate after ten years or so ?
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question