Broadcom chipset router?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Our current router (Netgear DG834 v3, wired) is still working well, but it has been going 24/7 for over 2 years, so I've been considering buying a replacement, just in case it suddenly gives up the ghost!

The replacement I've been looking at is another wired Netgear, but this one is based on the "Broadcom chipset" which is said to be ideal "for LLU, ADSL2+ and 21CN ADSL2+ via BT."

My question is, would the "Broadcom chipset" work okay with a standard adsl connection? (Our BT Exchange is not due to go live with ADSL2+ until later this year.) Naturally, I could always just store the new router until this happens, but if I needed to use it before that, would it be okay, do you think?

The router I'm thinking about is

HERE

As you can probably tell... I have a preference for hard-wired routers!! :D Thank you for looking :wave:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes. :)

Broadcom Chipsets are what Be's and most other equipment in the exchanges is. The difference is not a lot though. I do sync slightly higher with my Netgear DG834GT than i do with the Be Box.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you for the answer V_R :thumb:

I'm pretty happy with current internet speeds, but just wanted to make certain that I wouldn't be "breaking something that wasn't broken" so-to-speak :D

Ask a Question