Bonic

Reaction score
Hi

I have been noticing lately that if I run BONIC when playing games the computer takes a very long time to load. If I minimize a gama and go back into it. It will crash, it works fine when BONIC is not running, I know that BONIC uses 100% CPU usage but this never seem to happen before. Is there any other way to fix this apart from disabling BONIC when playing games? This is on the system in my sig.

Regards

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
you can go into preferences and set it to use 10 percent of the cpu when playing games or just close BOINC when playing and then start it again when finished.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
you can go into preferences and set it to use 10 percent of the cpu when playing games or just close BOINC when playing and then start it again when finished.

Cool thanks WF, I'll give this ago, have you noticed this before when playing games?

Thanks,

Wiz

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Wiz,

Yeah it will slow things down or crash your PC, i normally have BOINC set at 85 - 90 percent when i crunch, but when i play games i just turn it off as a game is gonna use at least 50 percent of a dual core.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Another thing to consider other than CPU usage is Memory usage......go to properties and adjust the 'use at most xxxx% when Computer is in Use' memory setting.

Reaction score
Hi Ady,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll give that a go. One other question if for some reason I had to reinstall the OS and BONIC projects were not finished would I loose these or would these be downloaded again?

Regards,

Wiz

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Or do what i do...let Boinc run at whatever...coz at the end of the day i am crap at games ..so at least some good comes of the leccy bill :nod:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
wizkid said:
......One other question if for some reason I had to reinstall the OS and BONIC projects were not finished would I loose these or would these be downloaded again?

Regards,

Wiz
You will loose the work units you had already downloaded and get new ones.

Reaction score
Rush said:
Or do what i do...let Boinc run at whatever...coz at the end of the day i am crap at games ..so at least some good comes of the leccy bill :nod:
Very true.:thumb:
Well for me it is.:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
It is........have you seen the devastation it causes to my bank account :lol:

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
It is........have you seen the devastation it causes to my bank account
laughingsmiley.gif

Another one hits the credit CRUNCH:lol: ING:thumb:

Ask a Question