Bioshock Thread

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Alf said:
V_R, i have beaten the game- never played the demo :)
I dont get the crackling with EAX, its just that my sound cuts in and out when those little flying machine gun bots are around and shooting me/enemies. It seems to be a common problem- havent seen any responses from 2K... and i mean ANY response when it comes to problems in Bioshock. :(

perhaps they knew people would have this problem? or perhaps its in Creatives territory to correct this with new drivers? In any case... i thought the X-fi was 24x more powerful than the Audigy 2 :D
You have to much time on your hands! :) I've been out a lot so only at the surgery. I dont wanna rush it and its bank hols here.

The only sound issues i get is crackling when EAX is enabled. No drop outs...

Flops: I thinks your gonna like it. :thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
How is this game then? I'm thinking of purchasing it.

Is it online? First person shooter?

EDIT: Screw it, i'll buy it from STEAM!

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Wow :eek:

This game is truly like no other I've ever played.

I love the whole concept/scenario, 30's Art Deco, the whole thing.

Mind you, I've only played it an hour but I am impressed.

It oozes atmosphere, has fabulous graphics and most importantly - is damn good fun.

I'm playing it on first system in my sig, all graphics maxed out, no probs at all.

When loading it prompted me to load latest Nvidia drivers as the current drivers I was using were 'incompatible with this game'

So I did, a Beta version, actually, V163.18 and all is good.

Think I'm gonna go back and have me's some more :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice, glad your enjoying it Flops. :thumb:

Have been dying to play this all weekend, but what with the sun and other stuff i've just not had the chance, Still only in the surgery.

Have you tried forcing AA and AF in the Nvidia CP? Some cant seem to get it working, although i have no probs running 8x AA and AF, Supersampling and a few other bits.

I went from the 163.18 to the 163.44 which were the ones that came out on the 20th August. I didn't try Bioshock with the previous ones so cant tell you if there was a big difference, but the 163.44's gave Dirt a improvement in fps so can only assume they helped bioshock too. :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Its not that i rushed through it, its more or less i had to see what was around the next corner.... at 2 AM :D

This is the first game i had where i have played it back to back to back - just trying out different things and trying to find hidden items and locations. :)

Perhaps when you guys have played through it, i will make a thread were we can share tips and tricks - until then i dont want to spoil the fun. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just bought this now, as it looks like that SM2 patch works a treat :D £26.99 from game in a nice tin, not too bad!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So what is everyone's favourite Plasmids? I have six, but i think the best is still the shock one, and i quite like the freeze one too although you cant search the corpse's if you freeze them.

I am wondering around Arcadia atm, quite spooky it is too.

Are you harvesting or saving the Little Sisters?

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have four plasmids atm, my favourite is definitely the freeze one for battling the Rosies, followed by incinerate.

I'm in Arcadia too right now, good to have a level that's different to the previous levels.

I'm saving the little sisters now, but I have harvested two so far.

There have been several occasions where I've run out of just about everything and have been re-generated several times fighting them Rosies, it gets quite hairy at times.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I'm saving the little sisters now, but I have harvested two so far.
I've been good so far and saved them all as i read that you need to save them all to get the 'good' ending.

The plasmids i got are shock, incinerate, telekinesis, winter blast, enrage, security bullseye and hypnotize big daddy. I need another slot of have them all on the go at the same time though, need more Adam to buy one.

I also got an upgrade to the tommy gun, more power! :)

I love this game am not rushing it at all, just wandering round finding all the little bits of it and any secret bits hidden away.

Have you make anything yet at the machines? You use rubber hose, batteries etc.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I made some special bullets at one of those machines.

My plasmids are telekinesis; incinerate; electric shock & winter blast. I also have hypnotise big daddy and enrage but I need two more slots for them.

I have 500 Eve atm so need to find a machine to buy the slots, as I see it, each machine only has one slot for sale and I've bought one already.

If what you say is true about the littles sisters I may as well harvest the rest of them then :D

Or maybe not cos I got a teddy bear reward with an upgrade for saving a few.

And I have an upgrade to the pistol, bigger shell chamber, it now holds 12.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
With the pistol upgrade, it should hold 24 :)
Shock to me is the most useful, as it disablse turrents momentarly. Next is enrage - sometimes you need all the help you can get :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:
With the pistol upgrade, it should hold 24 :)
Shock to me is the most useful, as it disablse turrents momentarly. Next is enrage - sometimes you need all the help you can get :D

Well, alright, it's 24.....

Whadya think I am? Clever? Enlightened? Bright?

Wrong! :D

Good game though, good game....

(copyright Bruce Forsyth circa 1976.....)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just finished Arcadia, got the no kickback add on for the tommy now, That is a great gun! Also got the more power for the shotty too. :D

Awesome game! :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I cant wait for an expansion- im positive that 2k hasnt scratched the suface of Rapture :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anyone been doing any research? (taking photos of the baddies) You get some ok rewards if you do enough of it. ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I've just bought this now, as it looks like that SM2 patch works a treat :D £26.99 from game in a nice tin, not too bad!
You tried this on your new rig yet Ian?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh yes :D :D :D

I've just caught a grenade and thrown it at the debris in the medical room now to get into a new place, it's great fun! I love hacking the flying turrets and have them help out, although I seem to have lost the one I got at the start :)

Ask a Question