Bioshock Thread

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I dont think you'll be disappointed. :D

I honestly cant wait, have played through the demo about 20 times now! :blush::cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks quite hopefull that this will run without SM3 according to that thread, so I'm hoping that something will come of that in the next few days :)

Does the demo suggest this is one of the best games yet? :D

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
It looks quite hopefull that this will run without SM3 according to that thread, so I'm hoping that something will come of that in the next few days :)

Does the demo suggest this is one of the best games yet? :D

Good luck with your card Ian!

The demo and the reviews suggest this is the biggie ;)

and V_R: 1280x1024 res and everything at high, and 2xAA and AF. Runs very smooth, even when there is lots going on i reckon the fps never drops below 80 :D.

Its a short demo in fairness, but it gives you enough to decide how the game will play, without any spoilers and whether it'll be worth getting.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice one Ian, Good news! :thumb:

Yeah this games gonna rock! I cant wait, between this and Crysis its a good few months for games. :D

Sounds good Mike, Souinds like you can crank up the AA and AF some more. Have you got the 'real world lighting' on?

Reaction score
V_R said:
Nice one Ian, Good news! :thumb:

Yeah this games gonna rock! I cant wait, between this and Crysis its a good few months for games. :D

Sounds good Mike, Souinds like you can crank up the AA and AF some more. Have you got the 'real world lighting' on?

Not yet no, i'll give it a poke after i get my results: results day today! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looks like some people have had their copies delivered today! Lucky buggers!

Amazon is shipping mine today by the looks of it. Just checked and its changed from 'not yet dispatched' to 'dispatching soon'. Yay!! *cross':D fingers*

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
UPDATES ON SECUROM™, PC ACTIVATION, AND A TECHNICAL FAQ

August 23, 2007

We have been reading and listening to your frustrations over SecuROM, PC activation problems, and technical support issues since BioShock launched on Tuesday, and we've devised a plan to help.

Starting immediately, we will be upping the activation count to a 5 by 5 plan. We will be raising the maximum amount of computers a user can have BioShock installed on simultaneously from 2 to 5, and allowing a user to reinstall BioShock on each of those computers from 3 times to 5 times. Also, we have in the works a revoke tool which you will be able to run on your machine if you want to free up that key and move it to to another computer (this works very much like Steam or iTunes system). We are also working with SecuROM and 2K customer service, so that when you do need to call in support problems, you get answers to your questions faster, without much waiting or being bounced around. SecuROM has been given much more autonomy to help fix your problems quickly and effectively. I am personally sorry for anyone who got bounced around in the past couple days (I even think I contributed to this problem) and we're going to make sure that does not happen in the future.

As for other technical issues, we are bringing on a team of tech support that will be on the 2K forums 24/7 to help people resolve their technical issues. Our QA guys are in the offices and on the forums, too, reproducing issues and looking for workarounds and compiling information that they can put towards making you a patch and updating the knowledge base.

Also, we are aware that our activation server went down last night, stopping some of you from finishing your installs. The server is up and running now and we have corrected the problem that caused that crash.

Finally, we have released a FAQ, which you can view in full below (and will also be posted on the 2K Forums in the Technical Support area) that will help clear up a lot of questions and misinformation that has been floating around about SecuROM and PC activation.

And as for widescreen, we also want to say we completely understand a user's desire to augment their FOV. BioShock is a harrowing experience, but we don't want anyone to feel limited (or motion sick!). So we are in the process of working on an official PC patch to give widescreen PC users a choice to expand their horizontal FOV, and are investigating creating a similar update for the 360.

And finally, I want to personally congratulate Racer_S from the Widescreen Gaming Forums, and his awesome user patch to expand the widescreen FOV in BioShock. I'm currently tracking him down via email, but hopefully, he'll accept my gratitude, and maybe an Nvidia 8800 to boot. Read the full technical FAQ.

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/home.html

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its Here!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 186

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Beat it... now for anouther run through Rapture in hard :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
ehh, not sure about you folks, but is anyone else (with X-fi) having some sounds drop in and out when things get frantic?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The only issue with sound that i am havin is that if you turn on EAX it crackles, and thats a know issue that seems to be affecting everyone....

You playing the game or demo?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What SecuROM does is phone home and activate, the same way MS malware in WGA and Vista does. If you install the game twice, it will keep you from installing a third time. As of this writing, some are calling it a bug, others are saying that the limit has been raised to 5 times, but there is no official word from 2K Games either on their web site or on their forums.
See post 110, they HAVE up'ed it and HAVE put it on the Forums and website!!

F***ing Inquirer, why do always spout such s**t. Worse than the bloody sun. :rolleyes:

SucuROM was used in STALKER and TDU and lots of other games, I dont like it, but it wont put me off playing a game i've been waiting to play for a while. Its easy enough to get round. ;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
V_R, i have beaten the game- never played the demo :)
I dont get the crackling with EAX, its just that my sound cuts in and out when those little flying machine gun bots are around and shooting me/enemies. It seems to be a common problem- havent seen any responses from 2K... and i mean ANY response when it comes to problems in Bioshock. :(

perhaps they knew people would have this problem? or perhaps its in Creatives territory to correct this with new drivers? In any case... i thought the X-fi was 24x more powerful than the Audigy 2 :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I bought Bioshock today.

Was just about to load it up when I got called down the pub.

Nice day today, nice sunset, good people, too many promises none of us will keep ;)

I will give my impressions on the game in a while.....

Ask a Question