V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lolol, harsh, but true i 'spose. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
V_R said:
Well i finally got round to playing this yesterday, enjoyed it. Very like the first, but that is no bad thing.

Came to play it today, "Failed to Load Save Game"

WTF!

Quick bit of reading around, seems Bioshock 2 doesn't like it if your Documents are not in the default location (C:\Users\YOURNAME)

I have moved all the my documents from the user profile folder to a separate 500gb Samsung F3. this was one of the first things i did when i first installed and set up Win 7 back in October.....

A Directory Junction should work, but still this is a glaring oversight in the basics of programming the game is it not? All my other games can cope with the new location without a hitch.
Sorted! :D

(This is Win7 not sure about another OS's)

Heres the fix

Reason is that the ini file will be pointing to the wrong location for the save games.

1. Go to - C:\users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Bioshock2\Bios hock2SP.ini
2. Open the .ini file with notepad so you can edit the file
3. Find the line SavePath=Savegames (Use CTRL + F and type savepath into the box, hit find)
4. Change the flollowing...

SavePath=SaveGames to SavePath=H:\Bioshock2\SaveGames Or what ever yours is.

5. Enjoy the game. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does this happen for every Windows 7 user? :eek:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll get this in place once I install it :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No just everyone that has moved their documents from the default location. (C:\Users\USERNAME) :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah its not bad, similar to the first but still worth a go. :

ill post some screenies later.)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
As promised....

Some random screenies of BS2, all maxed. Originally @ 1920x1200. Sorry about the jpeg compression.

1581h88.jpg

rsu442.jpg

2hwfqjc.jpg

16h1dhy.jpg

15xvfom.jpg

Reaction score
Hi V_R....nice pix.....how dya get them all on a reel like that.....is it capture software or just screenshots that came with the game ??

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Fraps, just hit the assigned button. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, this is only 18 quid now on Amazon so I'm going to buy it.

I was reading the reviews of the game on Amazon and there were lots of concerns about DRM issues and the limited activations.

I wondered if buying it on Steam would gurantee activation in the future but Steam want 30 quid for it :confused: That's ridiculous.

Will probably also buy the Battlefield game and am considering Aliens Vs Predator but not sure about AvP.

Anybody played the full AvP game yet?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alright, forget Alien Vs Predator, I've just read a load of reviews.

Save points; hard gameplay; poor control interface; obvious console port; short.

Not for me, methinks.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 now only 25 quid on Amazon :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I played the demo of AvP, i thought it was ****. :)

BC2 all the way. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
'k, finally bought Bioshock 2, cost me £20.00 (£18.00 + £2.00 postage) on Amazon, which was the cheapest I could find it.

And I love it :) Just spent 90 minutes on single player.

As Left 4 Dead 2 improved on the first game, BS2 has managed the same achievment. So much better and the graphics are good.

Woohoo, this means atm apart from online gaming really into Spore and Bioshock 2 right now. Goody.

Strange how both Batman Arkham Asylum and Bioshock 2 use the Unreal 3 engine which is good yet the actual Unreal 3 game was (imo) pants.

I'm still not sure about Battlefield Bad Company 2 as I didn't like Battlefield 1 or 2, couldn't get on with them at all, yet loads of people loved those games.

Will probably buy Metro though, looks good.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And so, 3 months on, after intermittent playing, I finished Bioshock 2 single player.

It was good, very good. But a bit short. I dare say a committed player could finish the game over a weekend.

There was a point in the game where I thought to myself 'This is getting a bit samey and quite repetitive' and then as if by magic the gameplay focus shifted completely. Which to me meant the authors had put some thought into what they were doing.

The game also just got better and better with improved combat sequences the further it progressed. I played the goodie two shoes in the game and got the nice guy ending. As with the first Bioshock you can be an absolute git and get a different ending.

I haven't tried Multi Player but this game is well worth twenty quid for single player alone.

Although, because of online activation, it has no resale value and also, to my mind, no real single player replay value.

Good stuff :)

If only I could say the same for Metro and Batman: Arkham Asylum. And, maybe, Battlefield Bad Company 2.

In contrast, have been loving SAW, Forza Motorsport 3, Fable II and quite a few more on the Xbox 360 Elite.

Is die hard PC Gamer Uncle Flops becoming a console casualty? lol, hope not

Soon to buy for Xbox: Red Dead Redemption and Naughtybear.