Fallout 3

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Release Date: Friday 31st October 2008
Platforms: PC, 360 & PS3

Description:

Vault-Tec engineers have worked around the clock on an interactive reproduction of Wasteland life for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own vault. Included is an expansive world, unique combat, shockingly realistic visuals, tons of player choice, and an incredible cast of dynamic characters. Every minute is a fight for survival against the terrors of the outside world – radiation, Super Mutants, and hostile mutated creatures. From Vault-Tec, America’s First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation.

Story:

Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

Key Features:

* Limitless Freedom! – Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!

* Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! – Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation – the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!

* Fantastic New Views! – The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!

* The Power of Choice! – Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.

* Blast ‘Em Away With V.A.T.S.! – Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation.

* Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! – At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America’s First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.

* Eye-Popping Prettiness!* – Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant’s face.

*Protective Eyewear Encouraged.

Videos:

Gameplay Demo Video 1 - Escape

Gameplay Demo Video 2 - Megaton

Gameplay Demo Video 3 -
The Wasteland

Gameplay Demo Video 4 -
Super-Duper Mart

Gameplay Demo Video 5 -
Tenpenny Tower

Official Fallout 3 E3 2008 Trailer

Rating Pending Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer

Preview:

IGN Hands On Preview

Another game that seems to be getting some interest, thoughts? :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Pre-ordered this today... that's 2 games in one week that I've bought :D

(Out of maybe 5/6 in the last 2 years :lol: )

I hope this game is as good as it looks :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Looks interesting - but at the same time looks a little too much like Oblivion in the future. Not nessaraly a bad thing - but when i comes to Fallout, it is.

Ill wait on it. Im not really interesting in getting new games right now. :p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Dispatched from Amazon yesterday afternoon (along with RA3)... arrived first thing this morning :D Woohoo!

Amazon have been fantastic when ordering from them :thumb:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
My next door neighbour got it today as well on the XBOX 360, he came round to invite me over to watch him play, well i had a cup of tea and a quick look, looks beautiful, might get it 2nd hand on PS3 next month.

Reaction score
Guys and Girls OMG it amazing I LOVE IT

Word of warning....IT IS MASSIVE

Free roaming MASSIVE many subplots

When you get outside Vault 101 its fantastic

Wasnt sure if I was gonna like it at first because it was running around inside a lot now im out in the open doing proper tasks its ace

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
been holding off ordering this until someone on here posted their views, i liked the first 2 but this one looks more FPS than the others which was putting me off

gonna order it tonight then :D

thanks TD

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Yep yep

I lied :D

after trying out at a local gaming center - i decieded to purchase it right away.
This is definitly a worthwhile game - pick it up asap!

oh, i also love the music u hear on the radio :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying both Far Cry 2 and Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV.

I never played the original two Fallout games.

So my question is will I enjoy Fallout 3?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Only got to play it for half an hour, still in thwe vault, looks really good though.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Have made it to the megaton town, only been playing about 20 - 30 mins a day, i think the auto aim bit is cheaty so i don't use it (VATS), should do but.....

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
played it for about an hour on sunday, i like it at the moment. Would prefer to have more information on the screen though like in the previous games but i'll get used to it.

Made it to megaton and am now at a shopping cnetre, can't remember tbh

i like the VATS system, its similar to what was in the previous games but you could only do one strike with that at a time.

Reaction score
I think it depends on the circumstance within VATS

I managed to get 2 or 3 strikes in the other nite.

I struck moved slightly then struck again

Not played it properly for a while. Keep running out of ammo lol that makes it very very difficult to play

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
I think it depends on the circumstance within VATS

I managed to get 2 or 3 strikes in the other nite.

I struck moved slightly then struck again

Not played it properly for a while. Keep running out of ammo lol that makes it very very difficult to play

did you find the ammo in the overseer's office? there was 120 rounds of 10mm in one of the lockers

i tend to use the baseball bat if get attacked, hopefully i'll find a better gun to buy/kill someone for

Reaction score
I cant remember tbh

Not played it for a little while trying to sort things out

Might continue later

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Have restarted the game, :lol:

Have decided to collect everything, also in the vault at the start, when you are 16 there is a SPECIAL +1 thingy on his desk, also when you are trying to escape the vault if you saveButchs Mom you get a snakes Jacket, good armour apprently.

Ask a Question