Fallout 4 VR Review

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
VR Focus take a look at Fallout 4 VR, one of the most anticipated gaming titles of the year. From the sounds of things, it was worth the wait:

Straight from the off Fallout 4 VR looks amazing. For such a demanding title – Bethesda recommends an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 as the minimum GPU, yet VRFocus used a GTX 1060 – it runs very well on HTC Vive. Sure it’s not got that same crisp quality you’d get on a HD TV but that first time you look over the rubble of Sanctuary after leaving the vault is a glorious moment, especially now that you’re actually standing there.

Like any large, open-world style RPG title, controls, and more specifically VR locomotion is a major factor. This one element can break or cement that feeling of presence, so thankfully Fallout 4 VR comes with a wealth of options. First off (and set by default) is teleportation. This is the go-to mechanic for many a VR developer, and whether you love it or hate it, it does work, enabling you to jump around a world comfortably – but not very far, which is undeniably awkward when you consider the expanse of the videogame.

Read the review here:
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/12/review-fallout-4-vr/

Reaction score
Might well be worth the wait if you have the hardware already. If not (like me) this aint ever gonna happen.
To spend many hundreds of pounds on more hardware to play a game that I have been already playing albeit on a standard TV for over 2 years + the cost of the VR version is futile imo
Also I bet you can't port your game save over?

Ask a Question