MSI VR ONE

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
[H]ardOCP have a review of the MSI VR One - a VR backpack PC, that allows you to connect a headset for a wireless VR gaming experience.

The gist of this niche product is that instead of hooking your HTC Vive or Oculus Rift VR system into a stationary desktop or laptop computer, you plug your HMD into the MSI VR ONE and then strap the VR ONE onto your back. This forgoes you having any wires tethering you to that stationary computer. This greatly frees up your movement and also leaves you without any wires to step or trip on. For all intents and purposes, the MSI VR ONE is a laptop without a screen or keyboard, but that is oversimplifying it quite a bit.

I refer to this as a "niche product" mainly due to the cost associated with it. There are several different models, ranging from $1700 to $2300 in cost. The barrier to entry on price alone is the reason I refer to this product as serving a niche market. While you could jump through some hoops and use it for things other than VR, it is truly a standalone "wireless" VR device, however it certainly could double as a very portable LAN gaming computer.

MSI VR One.jpg

Read the rest here:
https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/06/15/msi_vr_one_wireless_backpack_review

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This backpack is complete overkill, but I can't deny that it must be a huge amount of fun to use one of these in an open space :D.

Ask a Question