Valve are working on three new VR games

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Exciting news for virtual reality - Valve are reportedly working on three new, full games for VR.

Valve does make excellent games, but they're usually quite sporadic so hearing that they're working on three new titles at once is very exciting.

Valve is in the process of developing three VR games. And these won't just be small free VR experiments, either.

"Right now we're building three VR games," Valve founder Gabe Newell confirmed to Eurogamer during a media roundtable at the studio's Bellevue, Washington office.

"When I say we're building three games, we're building three full games, not experiments," he later clarified when asked about Valve's free HTC Vive prototype The Lab.

While Newell wouldn't say anything about the games themselves, he did note that they're being built in both Source 2 and Unity.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-10-valve-is-making-three-fully-fledged-vr-games

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Virtual Reality? Sorry to be a cynical old duffer but at almost £800 entrance fee for the first offerings of the hardware required they can carry on working at making new VR games all they like :D

Plus the need for some pretty expensive hardware to support it.

I mean, I'd almost stretch to £400 for a 1070 but VR? Maybe in my lifetime it will be affordable, maybe not....

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty expensive at the moment. Now that there is some competition in the market place then that can only be a good thing for consumers though :) Plus it also helps that big game developers are getting involved too, as it's in everyone's interests for this to be successful. Don't get me wrong - I don't think it will be cheap any time soon, but I think it will be a lot more affordable in the near future.

You should give it a try if you have any demos nearby. You can try the HTC Vive in Currys PC World... just saying :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are they going to make HL:3 and L4D3 in VR, so that they're guaranteed some headset purchases? ;)

HL2 came out 13 years ago :eek:.