Dishonored 2

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Dishonored 2 was released last week, and the reviews hare in! Here's a selection:

With two unique sets of skills to play with across 10 themed chapters that keep things interesting and a gorgeous, evocative world that feels alive, Dishonored 2 is a remarkable experience. Though I would have liked a little bit more originality in its central story, which again revolves around a usurper to the throne, it’s the stories that I’ve created on my own using its many creativity-enabling powers that I’ll remember, every graceful, fumbling, and hilarious one of them. I’m compelled to create many more in the months to come.
- IGN

If what you seek from a game is a palpable air of intelligence, bags of character, a gloriously baroque storyline populated by deliciously venal characters and the chance to play in whatever style you see fit, you'll love Dishonored 2.

Although it's single-player only, it's still extremely meaty – speed-runners could possibly play through in 12 hours, but you're more likely to spend 20 hours if you put in a reasonable amount of exploration.

There will always be areas which escaped your scrutiny too. So, along with the ability to choose between two characters and wildly differing play-styles, it achieves levels of replayability seldom seen in a videogame.

Dishonored 2 may only be a refinement of its 2012 predecessor, but it's a damn fine refinement that achieves near perfection. Indeed, it's one of the finest games money can buy in 2016.
- Pocket Lint

I wanted to save everybody in Dishonored 2. Not just from death - though during my first 25 hour playthrough I did, indeed, try to leave as many people upright as possible - but from themselves. If the strongmen, aristocrats, crooks and paupers of balmy Karnaca have anything in common, besides leathery complexions and comically oversized hands, it's that none of them are beyond redemption. Each villain in the game harbours a few, fitful sparks of virtue, a glimmer of promise you may detect while eavesdropping from a windowbox or rifling through diaries for hints about routes and hazards. All of them deserve a second chance, and in a handful of cases, you're able to give them that chance. Providing, that is, you are patient and attentive, and providing you resist the siren song of the game's more spectacular and corrosive abilities.
- Eurogamer

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you look at the buyers reviews on Steam they're almost unanimously bad. It seems the game has serious technical issues.

I'd advise waiting until it's patched to be playable before purchase.

I liked the first Dishonored a lot, played all the DLC as well.

Ask a Question