Be Sensible About Driving Over The Xmas Period

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
This a salutary story about the danger of driving while under the influence.

Especially with Xmas coming up , be very careful.

Drink driving .....

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving. As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

Well, I have done something about it: a couple of nights ago I was out for a few drinks with some pals and had a few too many whiskys as well as beers and some rather nice claret; but knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before - I took a bus home.
I arrived back safely and without incident which was a real surprise, since I had never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got this one.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
laughingkitten.gif
I like it!!

Reaction score
Well done nivrip, as a ex fireman I can tell you of some tails of people who had a great time at a party but ended up being cut out of their vehicles sometimes alive, sometimes dead and would have had to be cleaned up and adjusted by the undertakers for recognition of their loved ones. Or even worse attending a RTC and having to do the above to an innocent party whilst the boys in blue poured the drunk into the patrol car uninjured. To all of you out there please do not drink and drive it is not worth it, too many lives have been ruined because of it.

Reaction score
We have a policy at work of no drink for 24 hours between bottle & throttle!
It's a sackable offence to be drunk on duty & due to the kit we use it really is a no, no!

Be safe this festive season dont drink & drive.

Ask a Question