This is going to be my new car!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
After great deliberation and looking around I finally settled for this car. Hopefully all the paperwork will be completed tomorrow. :nod:

I got to choose the exterior color (reflex blue) as well as the interior (almond white) and the trim, Touring (options and features) being a brand spanking new vehicle, not cheap but I went overboard as far as my initial budget was concerned. Nonetheless, I felt good when I sat in the drivers seat and the odometer showed just 4 miles on it. This means it was straight out of the carrier truck coming from the port to the dealership.

I got to take it home again for extended test drive which was couple of days ago, of course had no intention to turn it back in but to go for the purchase. I have so far driven about 90 miles since it was in my posession. Here are the pictures all taken with my Samsung Galaxy S4, I really like the jaunty jalopy, dunno about you guys. :cool:

Photos of Mazda 6 Touring

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
You won't be having kids in there then with cream leather :-o. Can't go wrong with Japanese, most reliable cars on the planet. Nice buy.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Very nice too Quad :thumb: It looks really good, so can just imagine how you felt behind the wheel. One of the neighbours has a preference for Masda cars, he has had several over the years and is a very happy chappie.

Hope you enjoy years of trouble-free ownership and a smooth ride. :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Very nice. And always nice to have something brand new. Had a Mazda 323 many years ago. '83 model I think Ran rally well until the body gave in due to rust. Me old man still uses the engine to run a huge air compressor in his workshop. They just keep going forever.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That looks beautiful, excellent choice! I've never had a Mazda but always heard good things about them. Bet you are currently taking any excuse to spend time in your jaunty jalopy! :thumb:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The paperwork is still pending. :(

I wanted to prove to myself that "history repeats itself" by getting the Mazda. My Dad's first brand-new car was a Mazda back in 1970, I was twelve years old and went to the dealer to pick it up. My son bought his first brand new car couple of months back which was a Mazda 3, now I am the last one to ensure that is the case for three generations. Three times history repeating itself is good enough for me. :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Bet you are currently taking any excuse to spend time in your jaunty jalopy! :thumb:

On the contrary :blush:

Since I have not signed the paperwork yet I do not feel as if I own the car, yes when I do I plan on sleeping in it outside my house for one night. ;)I did not go on a long drive yet which is the first thing I am going to do.

It is just that the sense of ownership is missing for not havi9ng the paperwork in place that is all.

Reaction score
:thumb:Looks a great car Quad, how long before you will get delivery of after you sign all the paperwork. Any way congratulations I hope it all goes well:nod:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score

Well that would be a great trip to undertake! However I noticed that the cost of gas and the the mileage the car actually will give is different from what you put in there. Here is the correction:

Your take:
Total distance: 4243.3 miles

At the rate of $ 3.80/gallon with 28 miles per gallon the cost comes to $575.40

What the actual scenario is:

At the current rate of $2.99/gallon with 38 miles per gallon the cost comes to $338.98

This car is economical even though it has 184 ponies and the 2.5 litre engine produces 185lbs/ft torque.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
:thumb:Looks a great car Quad, how long before you will get delivery of after you sign all the paperwork. Any way congratulations I hope it all goes well:nod:

Well I am still waiting for the paperwork and hoping all is finalised before the weekend. As for delivery I am already driving it since last 4 days, however I am avoiding any unnecessary trips anywhere. Not something that I am thrilled about. :blush:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
... 185lbs/ft torque.

"One pound-foot is the torque created by one pound force acting at a perpendicular distance of one foot from a pivot point."

Uh... OK, 1 ft = 0.3048 m.

"The pound-force is equal to the gravitational force exerted on a mass of one avoirdupois pound on the surface of Earth."

Eh...

fe3ff6f1c2c47d5dee3855ce620e1d88.png

In other, clearer words:

3cda178609acb51602f04e70aa68a2ce.png

So, 251 Nm. Why didn't you say so? :fool:

Reaction score
:thumb: Sounds good to me, but the price of fuel in the US is so cheep compared to the UK you lucky so and so.:mad:

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Done! The car is mine :D

Despite of good news I have some bad news too. This morning while going to work it was raining and some of the potholes on the road were filled with water and had no idea how bad of a problem they posed. Sure enough I went through a couple of those and realised later they were deep enough to tear the tire wall and rendered one of the front tire with a 2 inch cut, it was not too far from my workplace so when I arrived I inspected it. A flat tire on a brand new car which at that moment was not even owned by me. This stupid accident cost me $ 245 in replacing it, all I could say was OUCH!:cry: Mazda 6 is fitted with ultra high performance low profile Dunlop SP Sport 5000 tires with the rim size of 19 inch,that is the reason they are expensive.

Since I work at the dealership I was only charged the actual cost of tire and not any labour nor a charge for filling nitrogen in the tire.

Urmas:

Sorry to dissappoint you as I dropped the idea of going on that trip as my gas money just went down the drain.:lol:

Attachments

• 20131122_133314_Southwest Fwy.jpg
    20131122_133314_Southwest Fwy.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 20131122_133239_Summerbell Ln.jpg
    20131122_133239_Summerbell Ln.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 120

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh Quad...! :cry: That was such an unfortunate accident.

Can you not make a claim to the City authority for not maintaining the highway sufficiently well..? Just a thought.

Hope your future driving experiences will be event-free and safe. :nod:

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the tyre Quad.
But feel happy that you will pass me in the Crunching Stats tomorrow!:bow:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Can you not make a claim to the City authority for not maintaining the highway sufficiently well..? Just a thought.

No in Texas I understand one cannot do that. I personally have not checked that but I was told by co-worker at the dealership. :(

Ask a Question