Any Mechanics out there?

Reaction score
Lol, itsme is off in a dark room somewhere. Yeah, Crazylegs is right, the engine stuff is next week, its the tyre today. I have metal tyre valves.

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
He's talking about the tyres Itsme...... the tyre valves are leaking thats why the tyres are going down...
laughingsmiley.gif

Don't get your knickers in a twist...

I don`t wear them:lol:

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Phew, at least i know they exist! haha. Now i just need to find out what type they are!! Why are cars so complicated!! :confused:

Doesnt have prices or options to buy on that site, from what i can see.

I officially HATE cars.
wallbash.gif

Go to the site> on the top look at stockists type your Post code in 1st two letters and search:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Re:

Sometimes tractor and heavy duty equipment shops sell metal valve stems.Even motorcycle shops.

Reaction score
Yeah, i was down at Kwik Fit earlier, they said they couldnt do it, but they mentioned motor bikes and trucks. Just need to find them and have someone fit them. Itsme, fancy a trip to york?! ;-)

Reaction score
Lol, this gets better!! :)

The reason kwik fit cant fit it is because not only are the valves metal, but they also have a 90 degree bend in them. I didn't realise, but apparantly my alloys are worth about £1600!!!! They are Advan Super Racing II - 3 spoke alloys. If anyone can find the valves for them i'll buy them a pint! hahahaha.

Anyone want to buy a car? :lol:

Reaction score
Well, i got my tyres sorted, 3 new ones i got. Also, got the alignment fixed too, the back two were totally knackered, the were pointing in the way so the outsides had loads of tread, but the insides had none and were splitting, was quite a shock to see!!

It's going in on Tuesday for the Mitsubish garage to have a look at the cutting out problem. Itsme, you know he said it could be the speed sensor or the ECU, well the guys at the garage on sat said it wont be the ECU cause it works. And when i was out driving today (i went quite far on motorway and it didn't cut out!!), i suddenly thought, maybe it is the speed sensor, because..........

it changes from 1st to 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears on the way up (its automatic and only has 4 gears), but on the way down, it goes to 3rd and it never goes to 2nd gear, it will go to 1st when ive come to a complete stop, but even if im doing a couple of miles per hour it will stay in 3rd. Do you think this could be the problem???? Should it change to 2nd?

Thanks.

Bodhi

Last edited:
Reaction score
bodhi said:
Well, i got my tyres sorted, 3 new ones i got. Also, got the alignment fixed too, the back two were totally knackered, the were pointing in the way so the outsides had loads of tread, but the insides had none and were splitting, was quite a shock to see!!

It's going in on Tuesday for the Mitsubish garage to have a look at the cutting out problem. Itsme, you know he said it could be the speed sensor or the ECU, well the guys at the garage on sat said it wont be the ECU cause it works. And when i was out driving today (i went quite far on motorway and it didn't cut out!!), i suddenly thought, maybe it is the speed sensor, because..........

it changes from 1st to 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears on the way up (its automatic and only has 4 gears), but on the way down, it goes to 3rd and it never goes to 2nd gear, it will go to 1st when ive come to a complete stop, but even if im doing a couple of miles per hour it will stay in 3rd. Do you think this could be the problem???? Should it change to 2nd?
Thanks.

Thats your problem speed sensor !!!! try this change gear manually up> 1st>2nd>3rd> 4th Then down in reverse order it should change down instantly DONT USE THE THROTTLE when changing down and try it going downhill? from 40 MPH down to stopping in sequence and it will change 4.3.2.1. if NOT that is definitely the problem...

Reaction score
Hey Itsme,

It probably don't need to try that because ive had the car for 6 months and i've never seen it change down to second gear, even if i've been going down a massive hill slowly. (it's automatic / tiptronic).

So, is it a case of replacing the speed sensor then? Im assuming it SHOULD change down to second?

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hey Itsme,

It probably don't need to try that because ive had the car for 6 months and i've never seen it change down to second gear, even if i've been going down a massive hill slowly. (it's automatic / tiptronic).

So, is it a case of replacing the speed sensor then? Im assuming it SHOULD change down to second?

I know it is an automatic:nod: I have an automatic:nod: > Most Jaguars are automatic> do as I say and tell me what happens if it dont go up and down the box manually let me know:)

Reaction score
Haha, ok, sorry for the questioning lol. I'll be out in it tomorrow, i'll try and change up and down the gears manually and i'll let you know.

Cheers. :)

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Haha, ok, sorry for the questioning lol. I'll be out in it tomorrow, i'll try and change up and down the gears manually and i'll let you know.

Cheers. :)

Dont push the clutch for christ sake:lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
bodhi said:
I think that went over my head!! :blush:
Automatics don't have a clutch ... itsme was being funny. Made me laugh though. :D

Obey the master ... he knows his stuff. :thumb:

:user:

Reaction score
bodhi said:
I think that went over my head!! :blush:

Its a joke>>>>There is no clutch on an automatic vehicle you have a brake and throttle..
Well there are several clutches but they are controlled by the torque converter amongst other mechanical devices and units inside the gear box and controld by speed.

Reaction score
Haha, i got THAT, but i thought the joke was more sophisticated, i think i thought too much into it!! :lol:

Oh, don't worry Mucks, i've been following his advice for a while now, he definitely know's this spark plugs from his, erm, wing mirrors!! ;)

Reaction score
Here you are Bodhi.

While doing an MOT on a Jaguar I had an apprentice working with me, he obviously had to learn so I proceeded to instruct him, the first thing is to check the lighting> so I switched the side lights on and asked him to make sure they were all functioning yes he replied, next the head lights yes he replied, I had to make sure as I had to verify on the MOT sheet yes they were ok, next were the indicators I said is the N/O/S/R indicator working his reply was> yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes.:eek: It took me longer to do that MOT than you could ever imagine.
and I still laugh about it.

Yes it really happened :D :D :D

Reaction score
Haha, ok, im not THAT bad!! I do know a little bit about cars, cause i have some common sense. However, im driving a pretty high spec car and i'm way out my depth when it comes to the cutting out problem. Im hoping it's something i can solve fairly cheaply.

Bodhi