Another Steam thread

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Just finished Rage now, what a brilliant fps, well overlooked and a gem! That's Kingdoms of Amalur, Metro 2033, F.E.A.R. 2 and now Rage I've completed this year so far :D.

Need to get a new game maybe, though I still have a few on my Steam library to finish, Half Life 2: Episode 2, Orcs Must Die, The Witcher, Supreme Commander 2 and Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars.

Games I want: Diablo 3, Max Payne 3, Battlfield 3, Mass Effect 3, Sniper Elite V2 and Guild Wars 2 :blush: (the 1st 4 games are all number 3's, weird)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sonic Sega All Stars Racing is only £2.49 for the next 19.5 hours, it really is quite good fun. I had it on Xbox but £2.49 for PC can't be sniffed at.

I really fancied Dirt: Showdown but it's £30 on Steam. Have just ordered hard copy from Amazon for £16.53 delivered :thumb:

Anyone tried Max Payne 3 yet?

Reef: I also thought Rage was the business, enjoyed that a lot. Sniper Elite V2 is also great and you may want to consider Bulletstorm and The Darkness 2, both of which I liked a great deal.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just out of interest, my Steam Folder is now 461Gb :eek: To back it up to a USB2 external HDD holder takes about 3.5 hours.

Here's my gaming machine setup, 120Gb SSD for main OS plus 1Tb & 500Gb HDD's for Games & Data respectively. Should be ok for space for six months to a year or so I reckon.

Looks like HDD's are finally coming down in price again now.

8082d1339364411-another-steam-thread-my-comp.jpg

Attachments

• my comp.JPG
    my comp.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 124

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I've got Bulletstorm, and it's one I played for ages and turned my back on, but I'm gonna get back on it like a car bonnet. The guns are pretty darn kool and it has extra points for killing enemy's in fancy ways. I got pretty far through it as well before i formatted. The graphics are alright aswell from what I can remember.

Borderlands 2 is supposed to be out soon. I got the original Borderlands off a steam deal not long ago and have put a good 60-70hours into it, so much value for money. Borderlands has some of the best downloadable content of any game EVER, some of there DLC lasts 15-20 hours to skim through which is unheard of.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
DIRT Showdown arrived today and I've just spent two hours playing what is probably the best racing game I've ever bought. Ok, it's arcadey, quite easy but it sure is one helluva lotta fun :thumb: Very more-ish.

My Steam folder is now 471Gb because as well as installing DIRT Showdown I bought the Broken Sword trilogy for £2.50 today. I'm a sucker for games less than 3 quid and I remember I started to play Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon years ago, had borrowed the game from a friend, but when I done a clean install lost the game. Worth a shot for £2.50.

Reef, I'm looking forward to Borderlands 2, I finished the main Borderlands 1 Campaign (must admit with a mild cheat at some of the more difficult parts) and really enjoyed it, the game oozes atmosphere. I got the GOTY edition with all the add-ons and am about half way through the Dr Ned zombie one but haven't played it for at least six months.

The original Borderlands GOTY with all add-ons is £20 on Steam and £15 on Amazon if anybody else fancies giving it a go.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Reef, I'm looking forward to Borderlands 2, I finished the main Borderlands 1 Campaign (must admit with a mild cheat at some of the more difficult parts) and really enjoyed it, the game oozes atmosphere. I got the GOTY edition with all the add-ons and am about half way through the Dr Ned zombie one but haven't played it for at least six months.

The original Borderlands GOTY with all add-ons is £20 on Steam and £15 on Amazon if anybody else fancies giving it a go.

Borderlands is a strange game, the best weapons can take ages to come across or you might not come across any. I come across a killer smg on my 1st play through, extremely strong and fast and it got me from level 18ish to 50 there or about, it was a find and a half!

Playing through the second time on the hard setting is where it gets fun, its a real challenge, the loots better and the bosses are super hard.

I always wanted to get to the special boss Crawmax but you have to be level 65 and I still haven't got that far! I watched youtube vids of groups of 4 people killing the last boss and it was immense.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hey Reef I notice in your Virgin Media thread you bought FEAR 3 from Steam. For £5.20 I thought I'd take a chance on it as well, just about to start it.

If anybody else wants FEAR 3 for £5.20 it's still available for a couple of days at that price.

DIRT Showdown is truly the shiznit, played loads more today.

I keep thinking about that DeMartini geezer from EA/Origin, he'd probably consider FEAR 3 @ £5.20 'intellectual property theft'. Idiot ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I was on FEAR 3 straight away, come just in time for me after finishing number 2. Haven't tried it yet. Seen an advert for Far Cry 3 today, hope its like the 1st one, amazing ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well already I can tell its the worst in the series! Its so slow and clunky, just a console port me thinks. Still going to go through it though. It's ripping me graphics card apart, had to turn vsync off, much better performance. The overclocked GTX580 is seeing 87c for the first time in its life!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Would agree, mouse action is well iffy, gameplay bog standard, looks like a cheap cash in with none of the atmosphere of the first two. My GTX560 1Gb is handling it ok at 1920 x 1080 and 4 x anti-aliasing but the graphics are nothing to write home about. AI isa bit lame too, bots is barmy, lol

I'm up to the bit where I have to chase a helicopter taking off from a roof with some super soldier type character all covered in silver haze (first enemy whose rifle has a red laser sight) guarding it and I have died three times so far but I have had a few beers.

S'alright for a fiver but if I'd paid £20 or over though I'd be well cheesed off.

Ask a Question