Akasa Eclipse-62 + FDD

Reaction score
I ordered the Akasa Eclipse-62 case and side window and I am awaiting delivery. The Eclipse case will replace my existing Cooler Master Stacker. Something I noticed after I ordered the Eclipse case, is that the 3.5" front bay covers extend across the width of the case, i.e. like the 5.25" covers do. My question is how will my FDD look in the case if I remove this longer than usual drive cover? I haven't seen a pic of anyting installed in the front 3.5" bays yet...

Reaction score
I see what you mean bud, the slots look too big for a 3.5" Floppy drive.

Although, i did see in the specifications that a 3.5'' bay bracket for FDD & 3.5'' bay bracket for HDD are included.

What you mean is will there be a gap around the drive right? - Well i'm not sure but i would imagine there would be some sort of surround maybe for this?

Then again there may not be. Can't say i'm an expert on cases although i like what i see here! Nice looking case!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
i used one it looked ok... built for a mate.

Here is a pic I managed to get hold off showing how the case looks when 3.5" devices are installed. The gap that remains after the 3.5" covers are removed spoils the clean look of the case somewhat IMHO :(

00003241.jpg

Ask a Question