Watercooling my Akasa Eclipse

Reaction score
Hi all
Not in the forums as consistently as i used to be, but have been actively researching watercooling in last few days and decided to put a blog together about my (probable) many mistakes. Then, I thought...instead of a blog, why not torture the coolest forum around with my escapades and give you all a laugh at my expense? So anyway, I'm in the middle of ordering loads of kit (some already arrived...so i am committed to this)...and over the coming weeks I want to customise my cooling system. This will most likely mean that I have to abuse my gorgeous Akasa eclipse 62 with my dremel, but it might afford you some amusement as you watch the catastrophe unravel before your very eyes!

I don't want to waste your time, but keep an eye on this thread if your interested.

If any of you have experience of water cooling then I'd be glad to hear about it. And if you have any tips or suggestions as I go my merry way, then please shout them out.

Don't expect fast and furious progress - I ain't done this before so I'm trying to get it right as not ruin my pride and joy

Reaction score
No experience of water cooling, have always thought the idea of water running round my system to be a tad dangerous due to the fact the pc is plugged into a plug socket! But will watch to see what happens to your pc and may be you;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Spish spash I was having a bath ... hello 1nt

Have fun, keep in touch.

user.gif

Reaction score
Please do, have always seen adverts for it, but never known anyone try, until now:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd be interested in reading this too, I've always been tempted by watercooling but not had the guts to do it. :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I'd be interested in reading this too, I've always been tempted by watercooling but not had the guts to do it. :)
I doubt that it's lack of guts m8...but it does strike a lot of peeps as a great deal of effort and cost for minimal return over air-cooling...and I think that's good sense. I'm trying it out for my own interest but if I had any sense i would stick with the good old hsf!

I am expecting to make loads of mistakes, so some peeps can can learn by them and hopefully not spend hard earned cash when they don't need to.:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Suggest you turn off the juice before starting, unless you want a free perm;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I am also interested in reading this, please keep us posted Int. :)

Reaction score
murdoch said:
Suggest you turn off the juice before starting, unless you want a free perm;)

:D;)

I was surprised how many people I know thought I was kidding when I mentioned water cooling my PC - outside the IT community (and even within it) it seems that people are unaware that it's becoming increasingly common place. Most say something like: "All I know is that water and elctricity don't mix!"...my view is: "Tell that to the guy who invented the electric kettle!":p

Reaction score
A quick update...
I have now had most of the components delivered and have booked the week after next as leave, so that's my window of opportunity for the build - Project 'Black Gold' as i have called it. :cool:

Before then, i will post piccy's of all the parts and how and why I chose them...hopefully it will provide some useful advice, or peeps will come back and tell me what I should have bought instead
wallbash.gif

I hope to get the piccys sorted and posted this weekend.

Reaction score
Hi all
I have now set my water-cooling blog up and hope to start posting properly soon. If anyone's interested, here's the link:

http://1ntegersrig.blogspot.com/

I've had one immediate problem - my laptop, which i was going to use as my web connection while my main system is in pieces, has crashed.
wallbash.gif
So until i get that fixed, i will be posting photos of the components and explaining what is supposed to do what.

I have added a link to PCR on the blog and I will try and make lots of references to it and those here who are interested.

It would be great if you are interested, if you would post comments or questions on the blog site - I'll keep posting on this site as well.

If it starts to get uninteresting or unhelpful...let me know:(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just seen the latest post 1nt :blush: :D

I'll stick a link on the front page once you start your project - I really look forward to seeing it :thumb:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Just seen the latest post 1nt :blush: :D

I'll stick a link on the front page once you start your project - I really look forward to seeing it :thumb:

Thx Ian...I'm on leave this week and hope to at least get the component piccys and 'theoretical' stuff on the site...I looked all over the place for something similar but struggled to find a really good basic guide with product recommendations for the whole custom kit and caboodle. Hopefully i'll be able to get at least close to that.

I'd appreciate any comments on the blog site itself if possible, but I want to give PCR loads of links;):thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just noticed this had been updated on 16/10 so a bump for those that haven't seen :)

Reaction score
Quick update:
I'm afraid I've let my watercooling project slip because my backup machine (laptop) crashed:( . It is now fixed and I have loads of leave coming up over Christmas, so I shall be sorting the work out during the second half of this month.:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are back up and running again :D Laptops can be such a pain to fix, but great when they are working ;)

Ask a Question