Case and fan duct

Kye

Reaction score
Hi,

I brought a sexy Akasa Eclipse 62!!!!

I am using a old 120MM fan from my old case, and brought a amber 120MM made by Akasa.

Its been a lot of work but i managed to move everything from one case to the other in about 4 hours ^_^

Anyway, firstly, i only had the rear 120mm fan without a duct, and the temp would average around 41 degrees.

I installed the second 120mm fan at the front, and also put on the fan duct that keeps the fan at the back of the base, but guides the airflow out of the case. It goes directly over the 80mm heatsink fan.

Both fans are going the way they should be. With the fan duct at average is now 39 degrees and climbing. Does the fan duct stop cool air going over the heatsink fan? During the case changeover, the heatsink was wiggled a little bit, not sure if that matters.

I have another new heatsink ready with a termal pad pre-installed, but again i would rather avoid putting one on, phobia of damaging the CPU, and the cash gone to buy a new one :(

Heatsink, is not that related to the real problem with the case ^_^

Kye

Ask a Question