Today is new build day!

Reaction score
Well, just got a new Akasa Eclipse and I'm going to be putting my new system together today. It should comprise:
Akasa Eclipse 62
Antec 480W True Blue
Gigabyte K8N mobo
Athlon 64 3500
Akasa Evo cooler (which i'm going to try and mod with dual ducts and twin Akasa Amber ultra quiet fans if there's room)
2 x 120mm Akasa Amber ultra quiet case fans (they don't come with the case)
PNY 256Mb GeForce 6800 GT + Zalman V700 Copper cooler
2 x WD 74GB Raptors in RAID 0
2 x WD 37GB Raptors as temp storage
NEC 3520 16x DVD-RW
Aopen Chameleon 52x CD-RW
Sony FDD
Akasa Junior 3.5" fan controller
I'm also going to sheath all the power cables and add new molex connectors - cable management is going to be a priority this time.

When i upgrade my motherboard, chip and power supply, they ones above will go into my Lian Li V2000B tower along with some other spare parts as my second/test rig...unless of course anyone's interested in buying some of the spares when they become available?;):D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats one good lucking system there :D I love putting together a nice new system - its so satisfying!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
thats a good looking spec, but those raptors are so damned expensive! if only i had the money

Reaction score
yes looks like great specs

ill be up for buying some of your old parts

pm me if ur interested.
psd99

Reaction score
psd99 said:
yes looks like great specs

ill be up for buying some of your old parts

pm me if ur interested.
psd99

Well I got it all built and OS and everything up and running fine - only problem is that I seem to have shorted out my onboard sound. The mobo was going to be one of my spare parts but I wouldn't bother selling it when it might have a fault.:( I intended to get myself a audigy card anyway, so i guess my minds been made up for me.

The akasa case is superb...I took a few piccy's and i'll post some as soon as i get my photos sorted.:thumb:

Reaction score
Hey I shorted my sound card on my MOBO during a case switch. I blamed it on me laying it on the carpet- ZAP!!!

Reaction score
Raje said:
Hey I shorted my sound card on my MOBO during a case switch. I blamed it on me laying it on the carpet- ZAP!!!

...er..yes, if you want to kill a pcb with static, then that's certainly one of the most reliable!:eek:

Ask a Question