New cooling setup

Reaction score
I posted a piccy of my new cooling setup in the gallery here.

It's an Akasa hsf with two 80mm Abmer series ultra quiet fans (one blowing in and one exhausting)..the blower is ducted to make it quieter and remove the central 'deadspot' you get with fans. The plastic duct also protects the fan from taking in warm air from the RAM. There are 4 512Mb dimms there, each with aluminium heatsinks...so I reckon they would add to the warm air going into the heatsink if I removed the duct. The exhaust leads straight out to the 120mm case fan (also an Akasa amber series). The other fans you can see are the PSU and the copper Zalman I've pur on my vid card.

The Akasa fans shift less air but are very quiet.
All together not very noisy but the whole system shifts loads of heat!:thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
that looks really efficient, has it dropped the temps by much ?

Reaction score
Mike Nissa said:
A powerful machine!
Which processor is inside and what is the processor frequency?

Just running a 64bit athlon 3500 on Newcastle core - not overclocking it yet

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
that looks really efficient, has it dropped the temps by much ?

Haven't checked temps in this case before installing this cooler setup - but lots of warm air is coming out the back of the PC and temp doesn't get above 40C at load (while playing online deathmatch in UT2004 for example). I also have 4xWD raptor hard disks with two of the 74GB ones in a striped raid config, and they're the ones with my games on, so there's loads of activity. Overall, I'm pretty certain the cooling is very effective given the load.:cool:

I'm thinking of making it even quieter by taking the 80mm blower fan off and putting in an 80-120mmm adapter for another 120mm Akasa amber series...should be at least as cool and even quieter...only problem is likely to be the room in the case...I might struggle to put the side panel back on!!:eek:

Reaction score
Wow, that picture was soo disorienting , took a second to ralise where I was, and what I was looking for, then once i fugured it all out.... WOW that thing rocks.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
wow, that cooler looks like a monster, and looks pretty efficient too!

Ask a Question