again??

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
tried to get PCR @ around 12noon, must have been away at a gunfight, no reply was the firm answer.

getting a few of these lately :(

:confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you get any error, or did the server just not respond? It's been ok for me all morning here - has anyone else had a problem?

Can you try running the site through alertra.com next time it happens and let me know if it comes up with any errors on that please, as that should help me diagnose it a little more :thumb: . The server logs look squeeky clean, so I'm wondering if it's a network/connection/routing issue.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Scratch the above - I found something in the logs, but it wasn't flagged up as it disappeared within the 2 min monitoring window:

Faulting application name: w3wp.exe, version: 7.5.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bcd2b

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp: 0x4ba9b29c

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000cdc9b

Faulting process id: 0xae0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb4a22cf0f7e96

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 13ebb0c2-b682-11df-ad10-0030489aa9d5

I'm looking in to this now :thumb:

edit: Running a database check/repair at the moment on all but 1 table (will do that one tonight, as it will create a post queue for 20 mins) and will upgrade php tonight too.

muckshifter

Reaction score
no error Ian, just not available ... possible site down ... was one "solution" given, kicking no workie this time. :D

:user:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Couldn't connect at similar tie to Muckshifter. Ping showed all packets lost. Tried connecting again a few minutes later and still couldn't, then ping couldn't find site. 5 minutes later I could connect. Although a bit slow going from [since last visit] [last 24 hr] to search results page.

muckshifter

Reaction score
sigh

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

:confused:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I also couldn't get on sometime in the late morning but 30 mins later all was OK.

No error codes.

Reaction score
I was locked out too for a bit......but hey, the internet is a live animal. It sometimes decides to do it's own thing, lol.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like we've got a bigger problem than I thought then :(. I'll have a look and see what else I can do to see why it's crashing :thumb:

edit: It looks like the server had the same crash even after upgrading PHP... hmmm. Googling shows lots of other people with the same problem, so I'm reading up to see if there is a common module we've all got installed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Working on tweaking a few bits and bobs now, so my appologies if things are a little slow for the next 30 mins or so :).

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just to let Ian know that I had a problem accessing the site today at 10:12am this morning I tried to load today's post page and Goolge Chrome reported that the link to the site was broken.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, that was my fault this time Wiz - sorry about that! In an effort to stop the errors, I've disabled all modules that aren't 100% necessary to keep the site running and I've got DebugDiag running to catch the next IIS crash.

I've logged out and I've finished tinkering now, so it's "wait and see" time to see how the changes have worked :).

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Another one

Just reporting another one of these, which happened at 9:37 am today, when I attempted to submit a post:

Server Error
500 Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

It lasted for about 6 minutes here.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up TC - sorry about that!. My priority for this week is to try and nail down the cause of this problem, or at least improve the automated measures to solve the downtime. It seems to be happening every couple of days now, which isn't great.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got a crash dump of the error that happened this morning, so I'm going to run that through DebugDiag and see what it comes up with.

I've also changed IIS to recycle at a set time in the morning (7am) to see if that is a trigger. :)

This really has me confused!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Aww ... where is Mucks and that reinforced toe-cap of his, when you need him!! :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yet another I'm afraid, Ian. This time at about 1.15 PM.

IE simply tells me that it cannot display the page.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm working on this right now to see what I can do - I'm really stumped as to the cause. The site may be a little slow while I test some things out over the next few hours - but I'm determined to get this sorted (or at least improved!). :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Just tried to reply to a thread Ian and the sites not having any of it, just get page loading and it just sits in an endless loop, all other pages and websites respond normally!

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Just to let you know that whilst trying to post in threads I am getting this error happened at 17:12pm today

500 - Internal server error.

Ask a Question