Site down today(?)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else had this problem or just me. At 11:04 am I found that PCR would not load.

In case my bookmark was "broken" I tried to get in via a Google search. It attempted to load, but then came up with the message "Oops! The link is broken, etc." I then checked with "downforeveryoneorjustme.com" which confirmed that the site was "down."

The problem persisted for the next hour or so. I can't say when things got back to normal, because I was away from the computer for a few hours after that.

Sorry if I'm mentioning something you are already aware of. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, sorry TC it did go down today - I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong, and it turns out it was a network port speed upgrade gone wrong. :(

The new hosts have been fantastic apart from this, so I'm going to see how things go over the next month or two. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh no worries Ian - just occurred to me that you might not know.... unlikely though that seemed ;) Glad you were able to discover what the glitch was :thumb:

I think the improvement since your recent Server switch, has been remarkable. So speedy!! :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been speaking to the server company today and they are going to upgrade the network adaptor drivers over any second now - which may result in 20 mins downtime. I think it will probably be less though :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
13:41 and all is good. Think it worked! :)

Ask a Question