Does anyone still use a mousemat?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Bit of a random question... but I was looking at what to get printed for another PCR competition at some point and saw that mousemats were available for custom printing.

However, does anyone still use one? I haven't used a mousemat for around a decade (and even then it was one of those solid gaming ones, which were quite useful at the time with optical mice).

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yep, I still use one.

I have a wooden desk and I feel that the mouse runs better on the mat. :)

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Yup. I have a SteelSeries QCK+ heavy gaming mouse pad. It is awesome :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
2 x Steel Series solid mousemats here, love 'em to bits and wouldn't use anything else.

I think using mousemats as promo or prize items may be a bit passe and probably wouldn't have most folk drooling over them. Not foam or vinyl ones anyway. Pucka gaming mats would attract people but they usually be pricey.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think using mousemats as promo or prize items may be a bit passe and probably wouldn't have most folk drooling over them.

Yeah, I think you're right on that! I'm genuinely surprised that so many people use mouse mats, perhaps I'm missing out :). My desk does seem to be a bit shinier where I use my mouse :eek:.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Steelseries solid MM ... the foam pad type don't last a week. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
For the past few years I've used a Razer Sphex mouse mat. Like @nivrip, I feel that the mouse works better than on the bare desktop. :nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've ordered a QCK from Amazon to see what I'm missing :). I thought £9 inc delivery wasn't too bad!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I still use one, the bigger the better. :D

But I do agree with Flops earlier.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
My Cyber Snipa glass mat was still giving good service and as soon as I remember which box it is in I will be using it again.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cyber-Snipa-Tracer-Mouse-Pad/dp/B000LZ6X0A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1487610046&sr=8-2&keywords=Cyber+Sniper

Me I would not turn me nose up at a cheapy promotional mat if it looks similar to this.

sFXuIDh.png

228823.gif

Ask a Question