Anyone used Lambda-tek?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just placed an order with Lambda-tek for a new NAS and associated drives, but I've never used them before. It was the only place that stocked one part of the order, but was also very competitive on some of the other hardware I bought at the same time.

Their site seems very dated in terms of design, but everything works and it seems pretty comprehensive.

Anyone deal with this company regularly? I usually use Amazon, Scan, Ebuyer or More Computers - but thought I'd give it a go :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Most of my order arrived today, well packaged too :). I'd use them again.

I've got another part of my order arriving from Germany after Christmas, but was warned of this delay when ordering.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've not heard of them until this thread....

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I've just placed an order with Lambda-tek for a new NAS and associated drives, but I've never used them before. It was the only place that stocked one part of the order, but was also very competitive on some of the other hardware I bought at the same time.

Their site seems very dated in terms of design, but everything works and it seems pretty comprehensive.

Anyone deal with this company regularly? I usually use Amazon, Scan, Ebuyer or More Computers - but thought I'd give it a go :).

Yer right the site needs modernising. Prices on some stuff very good. Delivery and packaging good. Had to contact them by phone and they were helpful. Had to RMA one item and that went smoothly, had to send in pics of serial numbers which seemed sensible from their point of view and no hardship to me.
So all in all , would I deal again, yup. :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd never heard of them before tbh.

I may be looking to buy a USB 3 external RAID enclosure to take a couple of 2Tb HDD's in a RAID 1 array in the new year. LambdaTek stock them but Ebuyer are a little more competitive, but only just when postage is taken into consideration.

As for suppliers I have an intense dislike of Scan as they wronged me twice in the past, a despicable company.

Nowadays I use OCUK who are totally on top of the ball game lately or if they don't stock something I want then Ebuyer (hit and miss but mostly ok) or Amazon (reliable, good at sorting out problems or returns but employing a very underpaid workforce).

Ask a Question