Tado Slow Delivery...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I finally decided on which smart heating controls to go for a few weeks ago, and opted for the Tado, as it is able to re-use a lot of our existing wiring and is also able to control multiple zones at the same time.

The tado sales people were very helpful in confirming that my existing boiler was compatible, and that it could be a direct replacement for my existing controls (with a money back guarantee). However, since placing the order nearly 3 weeks ago, I've heard nothing - it has even been over a week since I sent a support ticket in asking for an update, with no reply. I get the occasional e-mail saying that ticket volume is high and to be patient.

I searched online to see how long others have been waiting, and there are people who placed an order in November that still don't have them!

Bit of a shame, as it looked like it would have been a perfect fit. There are older versions available to buy online from Screwfix/Amazon etc... but none of the latest versions are in stock.

A victim of their own success I wonder?

Reaction score
3 weeks is terrible! What's worse is that they've kept you in the dark... Is there a phone number you can call to chase up? Or can you tweet them (generally the most successful way of eliciting a response from a company who you need to have a moan at!!!)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll call them at the weekend and see what's going on - the frustrating thing is that I still would like to buy it, as the alternatives wouldn't work as well for our heating system (it's quite a weird layout that only the Evohome and Tado can do).

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll call them at the weekend and see what's going on - the frustrating thing is that I still would like to buy it, as the alternatives wouldn't work as well for our heating system (it's quite a weird layout that only the Evohome and Tado can do).

Oh OK - is the Nest system different then in how it works?

We have the Evohome & it's very good, but it soon gets very expensive when you buy a TRV for every radiator in the house. Saying that, a friend of ours just has the Evohome panel with no TRV's and it works as a non-zoned system like the Nest. I believe it will control the hot water too if you have a tank.

The Tado may do more 'smart' stuff though? I've heard its meant to be very good.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Most of the other competing ones won't work well when there are multiple zone valves, at least not in a way that would be compatible with smart TRVs in future. So if we got a Nest/Hive it wouldn't be able to control areas of the house independently, which would be the main advantage of the Evohome/Tado. If Tado looks like it'll be a while, I may get an Evohome after all!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like it has been processed finally, so I hope to get it soon. I'll get a review online once I've had a good chance to test it :).

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Looks like it has been processed finally

Sort of reminds me of when I joined TalkTalk. Fella rung my door bell and we sat down and discussed TalkTalk and filled in all the paperwork. He said it would take around 2 weeks before an engineer would come out and by the 3rd week I should have internet. After a month of not hearing anything I phoned up and they didn't have any record of me so processed everything again. About a week later an engineer came out to check the line and said it would be about a week and I would have internet. 2 weeks later still nothing. Countless e-mails back and forth and eventually 3 months later I had internet only for it to last 3 or 4 days and the router died. 1 week wait for a new one to be sent out. That said since I went to fiber optic I have had zero problem with TalkTalk other than every so often around 1am in the morning I have no internet which they say is because they are doing updates and every so often the direct debit is taken before the date it is supposed to be taken.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Got the tracking number now, so should have it by the end of the week :).

After a month of not hearing anything I phoned up and they didn't have any record of me so processed everything again.

Oh man, that's pretty bad :eek:.

Ask a Question