Brian Cox Lecture

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Went to Newcastle last night to see Brian Cox give a talk on physics and cosmology. It was a Xmas present from my two daughters who came along too and we also took my 14 year old grandson. There were 7,500 people there in the Newcastle Arena :eek:.

The talk lasted about 90 minutes but, probably realising that was too long in one sitting, there was an interval. He also had a stand up comedian, whose name I can't remember, on with him for about 15 minutes so that broke things up too. Only one or two equations appeared up on the screen so it wasn't hard going. All sorts of age groups there, from 6 year olds to oldies and everyone seemed spellbound.

He is presently doing a tour lasting about 2 weeks and I would certainly recommend it to anyone of a scientific ilk, that's if you can get tickets. Ours were bought six months ago !

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it :D. Funnily enough, I'm off to the one in Manchester on Sunday - it was also a Christmas present!

7,500 people? :eek::eek::eek: Who knew physics could be cool :nod:.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I seem to have bad luck when it comes to seeing Brian Cox - Ian's dad got us tickets as a present Christmas 2015 but we couldn't go because it was Mum's memorial service. He got us tickets again at Christmas and I'm laid up with my back! Typical! I'm glad Ian can go though, and my brother has got my ticket :)

Ask a Question