Pure Evoke - 1S Sound

Reaction score
My Mum's Pure Evoke 1S sound has stopped working, but when you turn it on the speaker makes a noise.
We think she must have pressed the wrong button, but am at a loss to what it is, been through manual & posted on pure site. Anyone got any ideas for a quick fix and to get the sound working, my mum of course will love you for ever if you can help!!!:rolleyes:

And I will buy you a pint at the PCR Tavern when TC opens it up, again!!!!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just wondering whether you have tried doing a factory re-set on your Mum's radio?

1. Press and hold the Menu button for three seconds to enter the hidden menu.
Select ‘Factory reset’.

2. Push the Tune dial within 3 seconds to confirm the reset or the reset will cancel.

Guessing you probably have done this, but maybe worth a try if you haven't. :)

Reaction score
Cheers TC, but did that a while ago?
No idea what my Mum pressed but still no music!!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Does your Mum listen to any "local" radio stations? If she does, then I'm wondering whether this (2016) article might be relevant?

Local digital radio is moving channels in some areas, most recently in and around Manchester and Liverpool. Re-tuning allows you to continue to receive these ensembles/bundles/set of stations.

In February-March 2016, eighteen stations took to the airwaves as second national commercial digital radio bundle launches.
On the air now in several major cities are DAB mini multiplexes - trials of DAB radio stations covering smaller areas, but with a wide variety not normally available anywhere else.

In addition, new stations as outlined in news articles on this site regularly begin broadcasting on local and national digital radio up and down the country.
Source: http://www.radio-now.co.uk/dab_radio_faqs.htm

Edit: Also, just found this - which actually relates to a different brand, however, it could be worth checking I think: https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/290246/Why+has+the+sound+suddenly+stopped

Reaction score
Thanks for those TC.
Pure suggested Factory Reset too, but still no joy.
Will have to hope they come back with good news, but it is 7yrs old so its done good service.

Reaction score
Oh and Pure have offered to repair it, but cheaper to buy a new DAB Radio.
I have a spare I won, a couple of years ago I will give Mum until, if we can get hers working.
Thanks for your input TC.:thumb:

Ask a Question