ActiveX Controls on Help and Support Center Pages Prohibited

G

Running XP Pro SP2, v.2149. A Microsoft Internet Explorer warning pop-up to tell me "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." each time I search the online Help and Support Center of XP Pro. This prohibition effectively renders the online help valueless. What can I do to overcome this problem? TIA

G

Running XP Pro SP2, v.2149. A Microsoft Internet Explorer warning pop-up to tell me "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." each time I search the online Help and Support Center of XP Pro. This prohibition effectively renders the online help valueless. What can I do to overcome this problem? TIA

G

I've set Internet, Local intranet, and Trusted sites to Low security level. Problem persists. Thanks for your shot.

G

did you go to the custom level settings ( same page as the low, medium, settings) and look at each individual activeX Control setting? OSme might be disabled.

G

No go, Ivee, but thanks for your ideas. I've moved this question to the SP2 newsgroups where it belonged in the first place. Sorry for the trouble.

Ask a Question