Windows XP active desktop recovery

Reaction score
i recently scanned my entire systm using avast anitivirus , i was very satisfied with the efficiency, but when i restarted my system the c documents were automatically sent to the quarantine and my desktop froze. all the icons are displayed along with an " active desktop recovery " message. though i tried all means it did not wrork. can somebody guide me about my systems recovery...thanks in advance...:bow:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :). Which version of IE and Windows XP do you have (IE8/SP3?)

It seems strange that all your documents were sent to the quarantine - is there any more information about how the type of infection?

You may have luck by running the "fix it" tool on this page (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929200) - although the title says it's specific to installing IE7 on SP2, it has worked for others experiencing the same problem.

Ask a Question