Windows XP Acer aspire 7738G freezes

Reaction score
Hey

My name is Fer and have some problems with my laptop.

I hope you guys can help me. I am not so good with computers and i have looked every where.
Iam dutch so my english is probably not so good, so excuse me for that :p

I have an acer aspire 7738G and the problem is that when ever i want to look a film on my laptop or use autocad (drawingsoftware) my laptop freezes and i need to reset it.

My operating system is XP pro and the problem began when i had vista on my laptop so i have tryied to put a new OS on my laptop with xp pro. But the problem is stil the same.

I have looked in the eventviewer what the problem causes. It seemes that i get a fault at my application tab.
Its titled as fault (date & time) source Perfnet event-id 2004

If i look into the fault message it says:

Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Data:
0000: 34 00 00 c0

If i go to the site i got nothing to help me except to do.
User Action
To determine whether the Server service is running, at the command prompt, type Net Statistics. A list of running services is displayed. If the Server service is not listed, at the command prompt, type Net Start Server
Ive looked at various sites but i cannot find what the solution is to my problem. I know that perfnet has normaly nothing to do with the freezes of my laptop because perfnet is more with the internet/lan. When i start my laptop it gives a warningballoon that i have the same network name.

It also gives me other fault warning in the eventviewer. In the systemtab. it gives me the fault: NetBT (date&time) Event-Id 4321

This message it gives me: When you start a Windows computer or try to access the network resources, you may receive this error message: Duplicate name exists.

Thats what i told about the same network name.

But i cannot believe that my laptop freezes because of the internet/lan problems. Is it possible to get a program to see what the excact fault is that my laptop freezes.

I hope i have give you enough information if not ill post some extra info.

Regards Fer and a happy new year!

Ask a Question