3 dongle with Linux Linpus lite

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi All

My sister has just bought an Acer Aspire One netbook with Linux linpus lite installed..

She has been using a 3 dongle for internet access on her windows box but when I tried sliding the usb dongle into her new Acer aspire netbook it wasn't recognised..
Googling all I could find was conflicting information and articles I couldn't understand, I used Livechat on the 3 website and spoke to a 3 advisor who told me that the 3 dongles are not supported by linux, but when I told her that googling showed people had 3 dongles working on there Linux netbooks she promptly cut me off...so much for 3 customer service eh..

I was wondering if any of you good people out there that use Linux or have a netbook with linux installed could help me out here and or maybe point me in the right direction, remembering I am an linux newbie and know absolutely nothing about Linux or how to work it..

CHEERS ALL..Kevin.

Reaction score
Hi Crazylegs

I just asked a mate who uses a 3 USB modem how he set his up with Linux and this is the site he pointed me to. He said if you know Linux it is a piece of p*ss to set up. Me I just got confused looking at the site. NOt sure how you are with Linux..?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I found this, may help.

Desmond Dee
Joined Oct 01, 2008

Other Topics Posted: Oct 04, 2008 6:31:32 PM
Subject: Acer aspire one linpus 3 mobile broadband

I purchased an Acer Aspire One last Saturday and having previously read these threads, I was worried I wouldn't get my Three USB modem (E160G) to connect. However using WVDIAL logging in as SU the modem was found without any problem. A relief as I have no previous knowledge of Linux. I'm impressed with the computer and Linpus as an operating system. Seems ideal for the first time user to Linux. Does anyone know how I can use the webcam on internet social network sites? I've not been able to get it to work. Thanks.

http://www.linux.com/archive/forums/topic/2807?startnum=21

happywave.gif

Ask a Question